Insurance liabilty disclaimer notices...

Quickbeam 09:48 17 Dec 2014

...do they carry any credibility in law?

The reason I ask is that I am a member of an online mountain biking club that uses an online Meetup group to manage members and arrange rides.

This was a group started up last April and is struggling, the founder member doesn't have the time to devote to raising it's profile and is asking for someone else to become the main group organiser.

I expressed an interest and would be prepared to take on the monthly fees of £11 for 2015 that Meetup charge for hosting. However, I'm not prepared to accept any possibly personal injury liability without insurance that would increase the annual costs significantly.

Other members that would also like it to continue are convinced that a simple disclaimer of liability for personal injury carries a saving grace, I don't think it's as simple as that.

Does anyone know for sure?

1]: [click here

spuds 11:40 17 Dec 2014

I use to do, what was classed as extreme sports and found that trying to obtain the 'correct' insurance was a constant problem, especially if it involved land-owner's and personal liabilities, including club or private membership.

You are quite right in saying "I don't think it's as simple as that.", because if you do not know what you are doing, then it can lead into a minefield of possible future problems.

What I would suggest is that you contact a local insurance broker who undertake sport insurance for advice, or even a major cycling magazine. You might even get some advice from the Sports Council click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?