The Indians - Irish Showband

Mark5001 18:16 24 May 2008

I have recently discovered this fantastic band. Many of our Irish friends will know of them already. Purchased a DVD of their concert at Butlins, Brean Sands in 1985. Was anybody reading this, there? The lead singer at that time was Noel Brady, a magnificent voice, who sadly no longer sings as the lead with the band. The new singer is a weak imitation i'm sorry to say. Take a look at this video.
click here
A fantastic version of American Trilogy. Gives me goosebumps every time I watch it. Go full screen and turn up the volume.

peter99co 20:20 24 May 2008

The last time I was at Brean Sands was to install Lighting Equipment on the stage in 1964 Happy Days.

Snec 22:47 24 May 2008

No, I wasn't there but I saw them quite a few times up to somewhere around the mid 80s. In their day they were a brilliant showband.

I think that due to the way they dress some people would be put off going to see them. I admit I would have been too were it not for the fact I sort of stumbled across them, the first time, whilst filling an evening in Cardiff where I was staying in an hotel over night ready for an early business meeting with some local council engineers the following morning.

Since then I made a point of seeing them whenever they were within striking distance. Not seen them for a while now.... like most of us on here, I don't get out enough now ;0)

Mark5001 23:10 24 May 2008

Anyone interested in seeing them, take a look at their official site.
click here
As I said before though, without Noel Brady they don't have that "something" special. I have the DVD of the new lineup and I struggled through it once only.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone