Incoherence!

Mr Mistoffelees 20:37 13 Aug 2013
Answered

I have seen some incoherent postings on this and other websites but, few able to stand comparison with this one:

"The player of f1 here disscuss is really best as visit in its its career on f1 mentions which read by me and great motivations from here really want to appericiate you on your efforts Washington DC Souvenirs done there."

Forum Editor 22:39 13 Aug 2013
Answer

And your version in Cantonese would be?

lotvic 23:05 13 Aug 2013

.. and you didn't spot it was actually a spam post advertising Washington DC Souvenirs website

Mr Mistoffelees 09:37 14 Aug 2013

lotvic

I did spot that but killed the link. I also think posting this thread was a mistake.

Forum Editor 10:55 14 Aug 2013

I think the point here is that the web is awash with badly-written English; partly because lots of non-native English speakers do the best they can, and partly because lots of native English speakers are not very good when it comes to writing in their own language.

That said, relatively few native English speakers are even remotely proficient in other languages, which was the point I tried (badly) to convey in my earlier post.

HondaMan 11:20 14 Aug 2013

Well said FE

bumpkin 15:41 14 Aug 2013

Mr Mistoffelees " I also think posting this thread was a mistake."

I don't know why you think that, I was hoping we may get some amusing examples.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:23 14 Aug 2013

I can oder beer, meal , taxi in about ten different languages but can only carry out conversation in one.

and am incoherent it that one after a few drinks.

:-)

Aitchbee 19:16 14 Aug 2013

Contemporary Glaswegian ...

click here

Aitchbee 19:32 14 Aug 2013

In addition ... when I travel [afar] to England, Wales and Ireland and some parts of Scotland, for that matter, it helps [communication] to slow down a bit and to try 'n' speak 'posh', so's that I can make myself understood.

woodchip 22:25 14 Aug 2013

Why is there so many dam foreigners in France?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?