I'm thinking of joining the caravan set

Legolas 19:05 31 Mar 2008

I has an old caravan a few years ago which I put on a site on the Isle of Arran. I stopped going to Arran as often and gave the van to my friends daughter and son-in-law. It got damaged and they scrapped it.

As I went there a lot during the summer it saved me lots of money.

Now I am thinking of getting another van, nothing expensive, a three or four berth will do. Does anyone know of any good Internet sites for second-hand caravans, bearing in mind I live in the Glasgow area?

Al94 19:09 31 Mar 2008

try here click here
You're brave to ask here as there are bound to be some anti caravan comments!

Legolas 19:11 31 Mar 2008

I'm not wanting it to tour just to put on a site. If you do get stuck behind me I'll give you a wave ;)

Legolas 19:17 31 Mar 2008

Thanks for the link had a look and they seem quite reasonable. Now who do I know with a towbar?

Forum Editor 19:19 31 Mar 2008

let's not have any of the tired old anti-caravan comments - we've all heard them on numerous occasions in the past.

wiz-king 19:22 31 Mar 2008

Sorry ... my horse wont travel outside Surrey's lanes.

Legolas 19:30 31 Mar 2008

Thanks for that, I am a fan of the caravan although even I can get a bit annoyed if stuck behind one specially on the winding roads around Loch Lomond.

Bingalau 19:59 31 Mar 2008

Ive often thought about buying one of those Lumbago things... Or is it a Winnebago? I think they are probably easier to handle both on and off the roads. Has anybody got any experience of them?

oresome 20:15 31 Mar 2008

"Has anybody got any experience of them?"

Yes, they block the view and cast a large shadow if you're unfortunate enough to get a pitch alongside one.

Coffee Adict 20:23 31 Mar 2008

I thought they were illegal on British roads, too wide or something like that.

csqwared 20:36 31 Mar 2008

Don't know if it's one of those "urban myth" stories but I seem to remember a tale regarding Winnebago being sued for s*** loads of money because the owner got in the back to make a coffee and crashed - the vehicle was fitted with autocruise. The story goes, he won his case!! Anyone for coffee??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone