I'm officially Over The Hill!

IClaudio 17:03 19 Apr 2007

Completing one of those ubiquitous 'Register yourself' forms on a Forum the other day, I came to the 'Date of Birth' question (and why they need to know this, I haven't a clue!), I scrolled through the drop-down box (I have to go a long way down!) only to find that my birth-year was not available...

As a Sergeant-Major of the Army in BF2142, and with several Level 20 characters in Guild Wars (OK, didn't get above Level 25 in WoW...), I think I can hold my own against the teenage twitchy-fingered whippersnappers.

But I am now a non-person in the eyes of at least one Forum-owner.

Bingalau 17:05 19 Apr 2007

Stand by to be tagged....

Watchful 19:12 19 Apr 2007

Yep, the writing's on the wall.

Legolas 19:16 19 Apr 2007

I have not long turned ahem 50 (it seems strange writing it down)and have been waiting with expectation for my SAGA holiday brochure to drop through the letter box, so far I have been disappointed. :-)

Kate B 19:20 19 Apr 2007

One of my most beloved friends will be 50 at the end of the year and he's still out clubbing. You're only as old as you act.

Bingalau 19:51 19 Apr 2007

Kate B. He's only a "Sprog" I go out clubbing too, not the all night things, they are all rip off joints. But I and friends of the same age group, go to the local R.N.A. Club every Saturday night and the Merchant Navy weekly get together every Thursday. I only get up for the line dances (very military you know) but the others in the group are on the dance floor all night until 02.00 hrs Saturdays and from 14.00 hrs until 18.00 hrs on Thursdays. I also go line dancing on two other occasions during the week to proper classes. Did twenty five different dances this morning between 10.00 hrs and midday. Let's see if this fella is still clubbing it when he is in his seventies? I hope he is by the way.

IClaudio 19:56 19 Apr 2007

You seem surprised that someone so ancient can still cut the rug...

Woolwell 19:58 19 Apr 2007

This lady is amazing - swimming and sequence dancing aged 90.

click here

tried 20:02 19 Apr 2007

Hi claudio, Hallo a mere youth compared with you you!! im an old national servive "yobo" never got to the seagent major ranking but I have to say I enjoyed every minite It made me the nice guy I am today

Kate B 20:48 19 Apr 2007

Bingalau - I wouldn't be surprised if he were still out raving in his 70s. With the rest of us struggling to keep up. Sounds as though you're pretty hard to keep up with, too.

rdave13 21:16 19 Apr 2007

When I turned 50 + 1 day Saga magazine "special offer" droped through the door. That was nearly three years ago. My bones are starting to creak....;((

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?