I'm looking for a water pump

WhiteTruckMan 22:16 31 May 2007

For a water feature idea I'm kicking around.

Doesnt have to be huge, looking for a minimum flow rate of 4-5 liters per minute, capable of lifting water minimum of 2 meters (3 would be better), designed to run 24/7 and most importantly run off 12 volts. Preferably under £20. I've been searching online but only found one so far that comes anywhere near spec. Most of them are 240v, which is not an option.

Anyone got any helpfull links?

WTM

TopCat® 22:41 31 May 2007

Probably a bit too powerful? TC.

click here

TopCat® 22:41 31 May 2007

Didn't spot the price factor!! TC.

WhiteTruckMan 22:47 31 May 2007

the last one on the list looks interesting. I wonder if its suitable for continuous operation.

Thanks

WTM

De Marcus™ 23:02 31 May 2007

Theres nothing like a laing click here

You should also take a look around click here

Forum Editor 23:31 31 May 2007

If it's going to be outside the water it will need to be self-priming, and you're asking a lot if you want one that costs less than £20.

You can have a subby pump for £12.99

click here but be careful, it won't be capable of 24/7 running at that price. You would be far better off buying a proper submersible 240v pump that's designed for the job.

Stuartli 23:48 31 May 2007

You would appear to be asking for the impossible.

My best mate's quite straightforward water pump (run off the mains) for his average sized outdoor pond containing a modest variety of fish, cost just into three figures - and he thought that was reasonable.

ton 00:00 01 Jun 2007

Hozelock make pond pumps that run from a 24v transformer.

I have been running one of these continuously for about 4 years.

About £60.

WhiteTruckMan 00:42 01 Jun 2007

thats not an issue. Purpose is to run a water clock, hence the 24/7 nature. 12 volts for safety and someone else is looking at powering it via a battery and solar cell. I was given the ballpark figure of £20 as its being done on a shoestring, but I suspect the power source may be a bit costly. But thats not my department thankfully (I'm just designing and building the clock. If it works ok I may just post a picture. but dont hold your breath<g>). For reasons that are somewhat involved, 240 volts is simply not an option.

WTM

bjh 09:26 01 Jun 2007

Just build one of these. It'll obviously pump enough flow, and the height looks fine. It might overshadow the water clock, but I am sure the result would be most impressive. No 240 volt problem, either.

click here

Post us a picture when it's up and running!

bjh 09:28 01 Jun 2007

(OH b****r. Trying to be a smart arse, link not so hot, click on third image down, bjh runs from forum in embarrasment >>>>>) >>>>

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires