I'm looking for two people

Forum Editor 22:57 12 Jun 2010

who drive more than a few miles each day. It may be that you visit different locations in the course of your work - visiting customers, or making deliveries for instance.

You must be prepared to test a Satnav device for a week or so and report back on your findings. Email me if you're interested; I'll select two people who I think will be suitable candidates.

Please don't apply by posting in this thread, and do NOT apply unless you drive daily to various locations where a Satnav would be of use. The idea is to give the equipment a real test - we aren't looking for people who nip up the road to do a bit of shopping.

rdave13 23:02 12 Jun 2010

One has to be WTM surely? :)

Forum Editor 23:04 12 Jun 2010

The idea is that people volunteer themselves.

rdave13 23:12 12 Jun 2010

Of course.

rdave13 23:30 12 Jun 2010

Title a bit vague?
Possibly a mention of Sat-Nav might get more responses?

Forum Editor 23:31 12 Jun 2010

it will be fine.

rdave13 23:37 12 Jun 2010

As you are the thread starter I humbly apologise for my suggestion.

WhiteTruckMan 00:11 13 Jun 2010

privately put my name foreward. If selected I will be most curious to see if the limitations caused by the type of vehicles I drive would be catered for (mainly height and weight, but there are others).

WTM

Forum Editor 00:19 13 Jun 2010

who have volunteered so far. I'll be in touch via email.

I should make it clear that this thread is not to be used for any discussions about the equipment we'll be testing - this is a magazine project, and the results of your labours will initially be published in print.

Forum Editor 17:44 14 Jun 2010

We now have our testers, so I'm locking this thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017