I'm hearing voices?

The Brigadier 15:20 04 Dec 2006

I'm in my house with no one else near by and i start to get voices coming out of the speakers!

So what is happening? Now i know whats going on.......my mouse cursor went over the word computing in green at the top of this page and get some advert playing.

For a few moments i got worried.

The Brigadier 15:21 04 Dec 2006

And now that world is highligted and a new advert comes out of the speakers. And no i have not been drinking!!

lisa02 15:22 04 Dec 2006

No, you may be going nuts. (and the first sign is denial ;) )

I can't hear a thing when I hover over it.

PurplePenny 15:24 04 Dec 2006

Aren't aluminium foil beanies standard issue in U.N.I.T.?

If not you can make your own:
click here

Sethhaniel 15:38 04 Dec 2006

I can't even see the word Computing (in green or any other colour ??) except where you put it :0

knockin on 15:41 04 Dec 2006

Oh! thank you thank you, I can't thank you enough.
I have been wondering for months how I could stop these dreadful voices.. yes OK I'm doing it, be quiet. Give me cake, I want cake. Is this a dagger I see before me, its' handle toward my hand. I cannot wait, so when I've been I will make one and these evil voices, yes you, will be FOILED.. Taa Raaaah

amonra 16:57 04 Dec 2006

Probably stray pick-up from local police/taxi transmitters. If you listen carefully you may be able to identify the source.
Suggested cures, re-route the speaker leads, make sure you have good quality leads for speakers and other attachments, because pick-up can occur on ANY lead. Try disconnecting things to see if it disappears. Good luck and if the voices tell you to kill someone, AAGGHHH !!!!

Forum Editor 17:00 04 Dec 2006

technology wonderful?

Bob The Nob© 17:14 04 Dec 2006

Its groovy move my bum music!

Oops, media players open!
Doh!

The Brigadier 17:17 04 Dec 2006

OK i may be ever so slightly eccentric but at least i know where my marbles are!

anskyber 17:49 04 Dec 2006

You are not alone, I hear the voices as well as you. Should I be worried!!?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?