I'm going to be on the move

Forum Editor 10:14 10 Sep 2017

from Monday morning until Friday evening.

This just to let you know that I'll be looking into the forum on a regular basis, but may not respond to or act upon emails as promptly as usual.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:37 10 Sep 2017

5 days - that's a lot of moving :0)

Enjoy your trip.

Forum Editor 11:12 10 Sep 2017

It does involve quite a bit of moving. I'm used to it.

Brumas 12:31 10 Sep 2017

Forum Editor, you are always swanning off, it's about time you sent the forum an e-postcard ;o}}

Forum Editor 13:11 10 Sep 2017

Brumas

I don't swan off as often as I used to. I've grown tired of the flying, to be honest.

Brumas 13:31 10 Sep 2017

Forum Editor, fair enough, we'll let you off the e-card seeing as you are doing it under sufferance ;o}

Old Deuteronomy 20:13 10 Sep 2017

Forum Editor, fed up with paying for two seats so you can have your Zimmer next you?

Forum Editor 22:45 10 Sep 2017

Old Deuteronomy

Bono of U2 once paid £1500 to have his hat flown over to Italy on a BA flight, after he had forgotten to bring it with him. The hat travelled on the flight-deck, so there wouldn't be a risk of it getting squashed by anyone en-route.

What's the betting that the flight-deck crew all tried it on and took each other's photo?

I once flew business class to Hong Kong with a medical insurance doctor and her aged Chinese patient. They had a seat each, and her medical monitoring equipment had its own seat. Her job was to get her patient there alive and hand him over to a hospital. It was a tense flight for her, and for me. the patient slept all the way.

Menzie 01:23 11 Sep 2017

Have a good trip.

Flying these days is no treat and must get quite tiresome if done often.

Hopefully you are going somewhere lovely.

morddwyd 20:02 11 Sep 2017

I've grown tired of the flying, to be honest.

FE

I seem to recall that you freelance and are presumably on expenses.

Just as a matter of interest do/did you fly business or economy?

john bunyan 20:22 11 Sep 2017

FE

Good luck with your trip. If not too confidential, can you share roughly where? I retired from my civilian job over 15 years ago and for quite a few years prior went to many places - some good (I like Far East) and some dodgy. In one place my company provided armed guards at the foot of the disembark steps! I suspect the "hassle" of security makes travel these days more of a chore than a pleasure. Bon Voyage!

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

How to find a font: Discover the name of a typeface with these apps

The best iPhone for 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)