I'm dying to tell you something

fourm member 11:55 12 May 2014

Sorry, that should be;

I've something to tell you, I'm dying.

But, then again, so are you.

Are you one of the 21% of people who have discussed your forthcoming death (in 300+ years I hope) with your family?

I seem to remember we've discussed this before but I've raised it because the recent thread about power of attorney seemed to make some people consider acting on this and I wondered if it led to anyone taking it further and talking about death.

Mr Mistoffelees 11:57 12 May 2014

So good you said it twice?

Mr Mistoffelees 12:02 12 May 2014

On a more serious note, my partner an I have talked about such things, including our wish with regards to organ donation. they can take any bits of me they like, to give to someone who needs them, as I won't be needing them anymore.

Woolwell 13:46 12 May 2014

Fully discussed it and have my funeral planned.

fourm member 14:12 12 May 2014

Sorry, Mr Mistoffelees, I did wonder about the wisdom of trying to start a thread while the site was having one of its dizzy turns.

Mr Mistoffelees 14:15 12 May 2014

fourm member, it took ten minutes to do my replies. On every other site I often visit, Opera 22 is very fast.

Flak999 15:34 12 May 2014

Being a bit of a WW2 aficionado, I am going to arrange on my demise and following cremation, to have my ashes shot from the barrel of Tiger 131 at Bovington tank museum.

I have whiled away many happy hours at the tank museum, and although I won't be there to see it, it will give me a chuckle on my death bed to think of the manner of my scattering!

Forum Editor 16:29 12 May 2014

We've talked about our deaths, both with each other, with our siblings, and with the children. I'm one of those people who likes to clear the air on everything, but not everyone in the family reacted well - a couple of my brothers said they felt talking about it was like tempting fate.

Of course, I don't believe in fate.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:58 15 May 2014

When I'm dead, I won't be here to worry about it.

so why worry about it now?

at the moment the choice seems to be:- wait at the undertakers fr a couple of weeks before either burial of burning,

but due to lack of land, burial may cease to be an option soon

and burning causes air pollution.

They may bring in the lime pit before I can be bother to die :0)

lotvic 21:19 15 May 2014

My instructions to the rest of family is to make sure I am dead before they have my funeral.

cream. 21:37 15 May 2014

We purchased a triple plot in 1975, just under the shade of a tree in a village church yard. So we know where we will be in the 22nd century.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?