I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here Now!

season8 11:09 22 Nov 2006

Now i dont watch the programe, nor know more than 2 of them, but what is the big thing about it? And who ever signed me up for email updates will pay for it.....and yes i know who you are!

The Brigadier 14:30 22 Nov 2006

Sorry cant help you as i have never watched it.

Cymro. 14:35 22 Nov 2006

Sorry I can`t help you as I have no intention of ever watching it.

Kate B 14:59 22 Nov 2006

It's hilarious and very well done - the casting has been great this time round and the primetime show on ITV1 is really a masterpiece of editing: it's snappy and very watchable, quite an achievement to pare down 24 hours worth of tape into something that slick. It's not art and it's not high culture but it's excellent telly.

mymate 15:00 22 Nov 2006

Must admit i watch it,and enjoy it.Amazes me what some people do for money.

spuds 15:28 22 Nov 2006

It beats me how some of these celebrities, within hours of arrival, want what the title states "Get me out of here".

It was recently stated in a media report, that one well known 'celebrity' wanted £200.000 for this very arduous task of spending a few days in a 'protected and security zoned' bit of jungle.

Now if it was a case of living off the land, and self survival, I wonder how many of these celebrities would volunteer, and perhaps give any fees they earned to a good charity course.

Maggie Thatcher's daughter done well though, on the last series :O)

Kate B 15:38 22 Nov 2006

It's hardly luxury - those camps look very basic to me; additionally they've got cameras on them 24/7: there's no privacy, it will be stinking hot and it's the wet season in Queensland - they could at any time be drenched by a tropical storm. Furthermore they're usually hungry, they're probably very bored, too, they're mostly pretty dirty and they're having to live on top of one another plus they face the possibility of having to do those really horrible trials. Not my idea of comfortable or fun, I'd want a fair bit of money for doing it, too.

spuds 16:00 22 Nov 2006

Kate B

Reality is living in the real world of true hardship of jungle survival. Been there, done it and got the t-shirt to prove it (Borneo 1969/70). Wasn't paid a kings ransom neither ;o)

The Brigadier 16:05 22 Nov 2006

Oh i loved the jungle lost 2 stone while living & training in it. Of course the good bit was playing with guns & blowing things up!

Kate B 16:11 22 Nov 2006

*rolls eyes* There's always someone to come in and boast that his military service made a man of him an that everyone else is a total wuss, isn't there? ;-)

Cymro. 16:11 22 Nov 2006

Re. "playing with guns and & blowing things up" was there no natives for you to kill?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?