If you could make just one law

WhiteTruckMan 23:06 22 Nov 2008

What would it be? Either to ban something or make something compulsory. (or something else?)

For example: banning parking more than 4 inches away from the kerb, or making car parking spaces wider.

Nothing too complicated, and only one bite of the cherry. What would you legislate for/against?

WTM

TopCat® 23:15 22 Nov 2008

How about a total ban, with world wide agreement, on poverty and war? TC.

WhiteTruckMan 23:32 22 Nov 2008

remember-only one bite of the cherry!

Hey-I didn't say it would be easy :-)

Anyone want to pick one over the other?

WTM

AL47 00:01 23 Nov 2008

realistically, to hard, id like to say 'revise speed limit laws' but i know there are better ones, just cant think! maybe a ban on politician lying?!

TopCat® 00:02 23 Nov 2008

Poverty as it would certainly lessen the need for war in some instances. TC.

Kev.Ifty 00:23 23 Nov 2008

Advertisers and Sky TV.

I will actively for the rest of my life avoid using 118 blah blah blah.

Also. Sky TV... Is it possible to have any more adverts during their TV shows? I think they should be renamed "SKY Adverts with Telly shows now and then"

And Relax :-)

Forum Editor 00:31 23 Nov 2008

banning poverty or one that banned war, for that matter. You can act to prevent your own nation from being involved in war by declaring it to be a neutral state, but poverty is a different matter.

DANZIG 01:33 23 Nov 2008

How about banning people being nasty to each other?

laurie53 07:47 23 Nov 2008

An offence to play music audible to others, unless they have chosen to listen i.e no piped music in shops, hospitals, no telephone music, no iPod "leakage" etc.

John B 08:21 23 Nov 2008

be polite to others.

Quickbeam 08:45 23 Nov 2008

That all business has to settle their invoice debts within 30 days of delivery or service provided with a commercial interest rate applicable to unpaid debt after the 30 days... Well it is a pie in the sky post:)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires