If there was a downloadable PDF version of PCA...?

Diemmess 15:46 16 Aug 2006

Across the entire market the trend for information on PC or digital camera items, has drifted to electronic means and away from a printed manual. I hate that!

I know market pressure is the driving force, a CD costs pence, while a manual may cost many £s.

What can be read from a manual in a few minutes can take ages even to find the place on a CD and avoid being waylaid by irrelevance or unexpected terms.

A magazine makes recall easy - "the cover has a thingy", the ads can be facinating or ignored if time is of the essence, and very handy to carry to the smallest room for quick reference.

SG Atlantis® 16:06 16 Aug 2006

I'd cancel my subscription before paying for a pdf version.

HondaMan 16:10 16 Aug 2006

I like to read my copy in the toilet.

SG Atlantis® 16:11 16 Aug 2006

Dang, I hit enter too fast.

Anyway, I download PDF manuals for gadgets I buy and read them, I store the box away keeping the "real" manuals in pristine condition with the seal still over them.

Yeah, I'm sad I know, but I still don't want a pdf PCA.

It really doesn't bother me about PDF manuals, but magazones are different. I suppose it's cos manuals are for techy things so I'd be near the PC when I'm using them, but the mag is for leisure reading.

Forum Editor 16:17 16 Aug 2006

when there's a perfectly good one running already?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?