IE security threat!!

rickf 10:42 30 Apr 2014

Hi Wondering if ppl are concerned about holes in IE6-IE11. Cnet seems to advice not using IE until MS has fixed the vulnerability. Apparently it's quite serious. What do you think?

Pine Man 11:13 30 Apr 2014

I haven't used IE for years it's an archaic browser in my opinion.

Until recently I used Firefox until I found that Chrome was about three times faster!!

Belatucadrus 13:11 30 Apr 2014

Click Here With the lack of XP support meaning for a great many people it's going to stay unplugged, a very strong argument for XP users to look elsewhere. Firefox, Chrome Opera anything that's still supported and up to date.

wee eddie 19:08 30 Apr 2014

There is and always will be, an IE Security threat.

Keeping your AV up to date and an increased level of skepticism when accessing third party links are usually sufficient

rickf 23:42 30 Apr 2014

This time may be slightly different as both gov'mts have put out warnings.I am using Chrome at the moment. Does anyone know how to associate my mailclient with chrome?

BT 08:27 01 May 2014

I know there's probably a simple reason but why, when I always use Chrome and never use IE, does CCleaner always find vast numbers of temporary internet files under the IE heading?

rdave13 19:48 01 May 2014

Just updated the "fix" for IE. Looks as if I'll have to re-instate Windows update service in XP as it appears that Microsoft are patching IE8 on Xp as well. Now that's decent of them.

rdave13 19:58 01 May 2014

Well, I'm just installing the updates on XP!

Woolwell 20:50 01 May 2014

rickf - What is your mail client? It should be as simple as making Chrome your default browser.

rickf 00:38 02 May 2014

Woowell, I am with Plusnet and Windows Live Mail is my mail client I guess. At present I have simply dragged the icon on to the task bar and access mail by clicking on it. Is it different in Chrome as its my first time. And can I make Plusnet my Homepage in Chrome? Cheers

Woolwell 15:14 02 May 2014

How to set a homepage in Chrome browsers about

If Chrome is set as your default browser then nay links in WLM should open it. You can make it the default browser under settings at the bottom.

1]: [click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?