Identification longshot/Talking Point Number 73

Brumas 20:55 11 Apr 2008

click here

Declaration of the Poll? All the local dignitaries and/or candidates crowded together on a dais in front of this quite small town hall, which is situated on the banks of a river, but where or when?

Another one unposted with the, as usual standard template on the back and nothing else, no date or message or anything!!

bluto1 21:09 11 Apr 2008

Good Evening to you, Brumas

dukeboxhero 21:17 11 Apr 2008

The flag on the stage looks like a lion rampart

Bingalau 21:18 11 Apr 2008

Brumas, I forgot it was Friday until I spotted your usual puzzle postcard. Things that strike me as being peculiar on the photo are the large homemade "Blue Ensign"; The square shaped telegraph poles; the collars on the children by the peculiar looking bike. Is there also a Scottish type lion on the flag on the balcony? That's enough to start off someone on a search I am sure. There also appears to be a bridge over a river (top right) So we can all start Earth Googling looking for a place with two churches by a river. I have a feeling it's in Scotland rather than England and early 1900's too.

Brumas 21:21 11 Apr 2008

Good evening bluto1, good evening dukeboxhero, I agree the flag does look like the Royal Standard of Scotland.

Brumas 21:23 11 Apr 2008

and I suppose I'd better say Good Evening to you too ;o)

Coffee Adict 21:30 11 Apr 2008

First impressions also that its not english, those are weird telegraph poles, are they carrying power lines as well, I believe that used to be done.

Bingalau 21:35 11 Apr 2008

Brumas. Yes, you had better, otherwise I shall sulk. Good Evening to one and all...

Back to the churches either side of the river. One is a church with a spire of course and the other one is a church with a tower.

I'm a little bit puzzled about what is supporting the child in the center forefront of the picture. She seems to be in a carrier on the back of someone, or is she in a pram?

rossgolf 21:39 11 Apr 2008

i think its in england because look above the stage, there is a georges cross

Bingalau 21:39 11 Apr 2008

I think Coffee Adict, having got over his revulsion about the Civet flavoured coffee, is right about the telegraph poles also carrying power lines. When the picture is lightened up a bit they are clearly visible. I wonder why one pole is whitened at the bottom?

rdave13 21:40 11 Apr 2008

Good evening all. Could it be a gathering of respect for a death of a royalty? Looks like black drapes hanging at the back of the balcony.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?