Identification longshot/Talking Point Number 63

Brumas 22:24 15 Feb 2008

Right, I still have a fair sized pile of genuinely unidentified postcards left but I thought I would just heed rdave13 for the moment and try out what will happen when I start using postcards with the title or identity obscured.

In order for me to be able to give clues I have devised a system which should be able to be followed quite easily (he hopes).

I have in front of me a map of Great Britain and Ireland which would fit easily into a 8 ½ x 8 ½ inch diamond shape.
Using the Isle of Man as the centre I have drawn a clock face so Scarborough sits at 3 o’clock, Plymouth at 6 o’clock, Achill Island sits at 9 o’clock and Durness sits just east of 12 o’clock all of this approx. and NOT to scale!

I will give clues in the form of ‘it lies at 4 o’clock’ or ‘it is between 5 and 6 o’clock’ etc. if they are needed of course ;o)

Do we all understand????

If so click here

This is at 4 o’clock – easy isn’t it :o))

Bingalau 22:26 15 Feb 2008

Looks like Portsmoth harbour to me...

Brumas 22:27 15 Feb 2008

I do hope you all have your Blue Peter badges and, as I write, are busily replicating my Geographical Clock onto a map of your own for future puzzlement ;o) ??

Brumas 22:29 15 Feb 2008

I wouldn't ask you the time - that's at 5 o'clock!!

Bingalau 22:35 15 Feb 2008

Maybe you could change the clock to a 24 hour one and then I might know what you are talking about. Anyway what's an hour between friends?

Bingalau 22:36 15 Feb 2008

Can I have another guess then at Dartford?

bluto1 22:36 15 Feb 2008

That's why I thought it was Bristol

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:37 15 Feb 2008

Parkeston Quay?

rdave13 22:37 15 Feb 2008

The Wash somewhewre?

Bingalau 22:38 15 Feb 2008

God! I have just realised that's nearer 6 o.clock. Can I start again tomorrow morning when this rum has worn off?

Bingalau 22:40 15 Feb 2008

Can I have another go before I retire completely.. How about Chatham dockyard in the 18.00's (No not 18.00 hours...)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?