Identification longshot/Talking Point Number 52

Brumas 23:32 28 Dec 2007

A fantastic palace of a railway station, looks almost mosque-like, possibly French? Or Belgian?

Written to an address in Toronto but never posted – printed in Bruxelles.

click here

Woolwell 00:08 29 Dec 2007

Beaten by this one - for the time being. The signals do not look British. It says Innovation on the building on the left. There seems to be garage further down and the building with LIPS on it isn't any help at the moment.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 00:41 29 Dec 2007

Bruxelles

European spelling of Brussels, unfortunately all of the Brusels stations have been rebuilt.

Antwerp Station is a magnificent building, but not the one in the picture I think.

Coffee Adict 01:12 29 Dec 2007

I'm leaning towards America or Canada at the moment, the tracks appear to be above street level something which the Americans seem fond of doing, as here [IMG]click here[/IMG]

rdave13 07:56 29 Dec 2007

The gauge of the tracks look wide, so America/Canada?

Legolas 10:40 29 Dec 2007

One of the buildings on the left has Patisserie on it, is that not a French bakery? I would guess it is either France or Canada. Well that narrows it down a bit ;)

Bingalau 10:41 29 Dec 2007

At first it reminded me of a place in Germany (I will remember the name later) But then I noticed there seems to be a huge (Russian)type star like structure on top of the tower by the right hand clock. Also the wording on the adverts seems to be in English. i.e. "Garage". The traffic sign on top of the domed building looks well out of place. I'm having a guess at somewhere in the USA or Canada..

Bingalau 10:52 29 Dec 2007

P.S. I was only joking about the traffic sign.

Brumas 10:55 29 Dec 2007

click here

I did a close-up of the buildings and now I think it must be French.

Bingalau 11:45 29 Dec 2007

fourm member. I don't think anyone can deny that you have cracked that one... Well done...

Legolas 12:21 29 Dec 2007

Well done I was doing something similar to you but in Canada so I was close ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone