Identification longshot/Talking Point Number 34

Brumas 22:08 12 Oct 2007

I must be losing my touch - twice in two weeks I have had to field another postcard as my first offering was ripped to shreds in minutes!!!

Someone must have taken a dislike to this postcard and cut the bottom left corner off – unless it was a primitive attempt at wartime censorship?
It was printed by J. Salmon of Sevenoaks in the “Sepio” Style.

The picture quality does not yield much under the magnifying glass but I think the sign above the lorry reads Allsops?

click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:24 12 Oct 2007

Padway Arms hotel?

Bingalau 22:26 12 Oct 2007

Allsops Brewery was taken over by Hinds & something or other. Looks like one of their delivery wagons dropping the booze off at The Dutton Arms Hotel???? Not sure about the Dutton bit. Allsops brewery was based in Burton where the best water was used. I vaguely remember the name.

Brumas 22:28 12 Oct 2007

C'mon don't be shy ;o)

rdave13 22:35 12 Oct 2007

Trying but can't get any info..Vista was promised to be a better OS and still I can't get better results..:{

Brumas 22:39 12 Oct 2007

How does it go, something like "A bad workman..."
Only jossing - it ain't an easy one!

Bingalau 22:40 12 Oct 2007

Hind Coops and Allsops Brewery.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:42 12 Oct 2007

Thought it might be Stone Street Kent, found this picture click here that looks like one of your previous longshots.

rdave13 22:43 12 Oct 2007

Definately a bad workman..hmm.

rdave13 22:47 12 Oct 2007

Looking at the 'junction' in the road it will now be a roundabout I think. The road spltis to right and left as it seems wide. As I think 'OAKS' then maybe Warwick or Kent?

Brumas 22:48 12 Oct 2007

I knew I could count on you for the alcoholic beverage identification ;o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache