Identification Longshot/Talking Point 606

Brumas 20:59 03 Feb 2012

Good Evening All

This is a GENUINE UNIDENTIFIED POSTCARD but there are clues. As I do not know Liverpool I do not know whether the image is off the area or not, the buildings look more rural to me.

It was posted in Rice Lane Liverpool to an address in Seaforth which, I must confess thought was in Scotland because of that illustrious regiment.

Before anyone pipes up that I am favouring the Scousers bear in mind old Bingalau needs all the help he can get nowadays ;o}} click here click here

john bunyan 21:10 03 Feb 2012

I guess Scotland , maybe Granton. I think it is Caledonian Railway.

Woolwell 21:12 03 Feb 2012

CR = Caledonian Railway. NB = North British?

Scotland probably.

Woolwell 21:17 03 Feb 2012

Seaforth is where the container terminal is now at Liverpool.

Woolwell 21:21 03 Feb 2012

There are 2 Miss Neville's at that address in the 1901 census.

Macscouse 21:29 03 Feb 2012

One of my uncles managed the Caradoc Hotel in Seaforth, a great watering hole for the locals. Fell out of there more than once. My sister lived at the top of Caradoc Road many years ago. Caledonian Railway had quite a few small branch lines in the south of Scotland.

zzzz999 06:47 04 Feb 2012

That looks more like Canada than Scotland

morddwyd 09:04 04 Feb 2012

My first thought was across the pond, too.

Picklefactory 13:46 04 Feb 2012

There was the Neath and Brecon railway in south Wales and clutching at straws with Canton and Roberts colliery in Haverfordwest for the C R trucks?

Bit tenuous maybe, but they look like coal trucks to me

amonra 20:43 04 Feb 2012

Most of the roofs seem to be of slate, the wagons are definitely the type used for Welsh coal transport, a Welsh connection seems possible, although the landscape does not look typicaly welsh.

Woolwell 20:45 04 Feb 2012

Scottish lowlands may be the best location.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?