Identification Longshot/Talking Point 296

Brumas 20:57 14 May 2010

Good Evening All
I took lots of photos whilst we were away but I think this is the best one and it reflects the fantastic scenery we met with most everywhere. click here it is the View towards Loch Maree en route to Gairloch, from the A832.

Whilst on the Isle of Bute I saw a couple of old synchronised swimming pals of John Bunyans. They didn’t say anything intelligible as they were eating fish suppers - not from Zavaronis though as they looked pretty raw and undercooked.
When I asked them if they knew Bingalau they seemed to take offence and threw themselves from the rocks into the sea, muttering ‘we’re not that bloody old’ - they must have been US Navy SEALS ;o}} click here

Enough of the frivolity, down to the nitty-gritty! As you have had a week off, I thought I had better throw in a very obscure one to get you back up to scratch ;o}} I shall give you an early clue, it is in Wales.
click here

bri-an 21:16 14 May 2010

Aberfan?

Macscouse 21:20 14 May 2010

Welcome back.
Looks like a Welsh valley, with a coal train heading out of the valley.

Woolwell 21:23 14 May 2010

South Wales coal mining. But these valleys all look alike to me. Where are the welsh tonight?

morddwyd 21:28 14 May 2010

Plenty of workings/sidings, but no sign of a pithead.

Opencast? Not many of those in South Wales.

North Wales?

Brumas 21:30 14 May 2010

It is in South Wales.

Brumas 21:48 14 May 2010

Another clue, it is in Gwent, see, give you a week off and you all lose your edge ;o}

dukeboxhero 21:51 14 May 2010

Wellcome back brumas, great photos havent a clue for this weeks photo but of to Rothesay, loch fad on sunday for a spot of fishing.

Bingalau 21:54 14 May 2010

Tonypandy?

Bingalau 21:55 14 May 2010

No idea where that is but it is the only name I can think of , look you... I'll get me coat... Who's coat's this jacket Boyo?

Macscouse 21:59 14 May 2010

It's my blazer, boyo.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

These beautiful, mesmerising & subtle GIFs celebrate 30 years of the artform

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017