Identification Longshot/Talking Point 187

Brumas 20:59 03 Jul 2009

Good Evening All.
First things first, taking a mid-week break next week in Dornoch, so we may or may not be home in time to post my usual Friday night puzzle. As it is quite a long drive (274 miles) I am hoping to be invited to stop for a cup of tea at MacScouse Mansions on the Moray Firth coast in order to break the journey and stretch our legs :o)

Anyway, on with the motley with an easy one for starters ;o)
click here

Macscouse 21:06 03 Jul 2009

Not my era, try Bingalau, he could be in the photo.
Use the yellow envelope for a cuppa in the Tropics of Moray. (29C here this afternoon)

Macscouse 21:12 03 Jul 2009

Perhaps a railway station in Persia or India?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:23 03 Jul 2009

Carlisle?

User-1229748 21:30 03 Jul 2009

bristol temple meads

Brumas 21:36 03 Jul 2009

Well Done.

Brumas 21:38 03 Jul 2009

Thanks, email sent but don't be getting the best china out as we usually sup our tea from a silver tea service ;o)

User-1229748 21:41 03 Jul 2009

first i've ever got :o)

Bingalau 21:42 03 Jul 2009

Hi Brumas, have a nice break in Dornoch. Watch that Scouse fella doesn't introduce a dose of Scotch in to the cuppa. Wait until you get to Dornoch and then have a few of whatever you fancy. Make sure Lady Brumas has a few too then you will both sleep like the proverbial logs.

Oh! yes, the puzzle. Well it looks like a market place to me, I'm very puzzled by the amount of debris on the roof of the building to the right of the picture. Looks like bomb damage. The building doesn't look British so I am wondering if it is in France so I will plump for Calais Market place, about 1919 just after the first World war.

Bingalau 21:46 03 Jul 2009

Well done smackheadz that's more than me or a lot of other competitors. Go to the top of the class. Mind you I just use these puzzles as an excuse for a natter to someone... I'm still puzzled by the debris on the roof ???

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?