Identification Longshot/Talking Point 161

Brumas 20:58 10 Apr 2009

Good Evening All.
Having read the comments from last week I have decided to stick with the present format but with a few alterations namely, when I use the clock clue I shall specify just one segment i.e. ‘Between 20:00 and 21;00 hrs’ as opposed to ‘ between 21:00 and 23:00 hrs’ which encompasses two segments. Also, just like darts, I shall split the segment into an inner and an outer which will narrow it down a little more.
So expect to see clues along these lines, ‘between 20:00 and 21:00 hrs- inner’ which, hopefully will direct your attention to the area towards the centre of the clock, ‘outer’ should be quite self-explanatory.
If the sleuthing is still getting nowhere I shall give a clue on the following Saturday morning - if there is still no joy I shall give a further clue on the Sunday.
I feel using postcodes doesn’t necessarily give the game away because of the many anomalies within the system e.g. Hunstanton is PE36 yet it is in Norfolk, Buxton is SK17 yet it is in Derbyshire etc. etc. - if I can confuse you I will ;o)
So, bearing all that guff in mind, pick the bones out of this easy one.
click here

lotvic 21:16 10 Apr 2009

Is it in Wales? it just looks to me like one of those small mining towns.

Brumas 21:17 10 Apr 2009

It is in Wales.

laurie53 21:20 10 Apr 2009

Never seen a mining town that flat.

More likely the Monmouth/Usk area.

Abergavenny?

Brumas 21:27 10 Apr 2009

Well Done.

laurie53 08:25 11 Apr 2009

Good Heavens!

Just sheer speculation. Although I've been there, it was in 1946.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?