Identification Longshot/Talking Point 160

Brumas 21:00 03 Apr 2009

Good Evening All.
Quickbeam raised a point last week regarding me providing clues a little too early, thus making it too easy too soon, and I did agree but I would appreciate everyone else's opinion.
In the past, if identification wasn’t forthcoming I tended to proffer a clue just to get the ball rolling, so to speak, but in doing so possibly gave the game away too quickly thus depriving all you super-sleuths the thrill of the chase and satisfaction of discovering it for yourselves (now there’s a sentence for you!)
My original intention when I started offering these puzzles (as opposed to identifying the huge pile of genuine unidentified postcards Fran had amassed ) was to offer a clue Saturday noon and, if it still hadn’t been cracked, offer another Sunday morning and finally to reveal the location Sunday night.
What say you?
However, I shall still make special dispensation for Bingalau by sending him clues in semaphore at night, just as long as he keeps the £5 cheques rolling in ;o)

click here
Tonight’s offering is another busy street with, what looks to be a cinema, on the left hand side.

birdface 21:06 03 Apr 2009

I will have a quick shot at Stamford Hill London.
lets hope I get within 250 miles.Thats normally as close as I get.

birdface 21:13 03 Apr 2009

I think the way that you work it just now is just about right.But I would like to see you do the Identification Longshot maybe on Monday and Wednesday as well. 3 times a week instead of one.

octal 21:15 03 Apr 2009

Highams Park in Chingford, the picture is taken in Hale End Road looking towards the level crossing at Highams Park station. click here

Brumas 21:15 03 Apr 2009

Once a week is quite enough thank you :o)

London it is - but where?

Macscouse 21:16 03 Apr 2009

Evening, Sir. your original intention sounds like a good idea, as Bingalau normally has a run ashore on a Friday evening, and misses the first one. Even with those clues you send him, he is not doing too well on the identification these days.

Is it Chelmsford?

QuizMan 21:17 03 Apr 2009

Looks a bit like old Walthamstow in NE London. And if the fourth shop up says "Hale End" something or other, that seems to bear it out.

Jim Thing 21:23 03 Apr 2009

You beat me to it. I'm guessing Chelmsford too.

Brumas 21:26 03 Apr 2009

Well Done.

octal 21:28 03 Apr 2009

I live two stops down the line from there in Walthamstow, is that cheating? :D

Brumas 21:29 03 Apr 2009

I shan't post another image as I would prefer to hear all your input regarding the running of this circus that I am the Ring Master of :o))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires