Identification Longshot and Talking Point 1786

Brumas 23:03 16 Jun 2017

Good Evening All

This is A GENUINE UNIDENTIFIED POSTCARD as usual unposted and with no clues.

We are never going to get the location but does anyone know what the machines are and what the factory produces?

click here

Brumas 23:06 16 Jun 2017

I'm turning in now Folks, G'Night All.

Aitchbee 23:08 16 Jun 2017

Possibly something to do with carpets.

rdave13 23:39 16 Jun 2017

My guess is making 'chicken wire' fencing.

Belatucadrus 01:37 17 Jun 2017

I'll agree with the wire but the proportions of the end product looks wrong for chicken wire, the formers seem to be producing quite tall column shapes and you can see right through them so they're probably only one layer thick.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:32 17 Jun 2017

Metal or plastic?

Carpet and cloth comes on cardboard tubes.

Brumas 14:32 17 Jun 2017

The more I look at it, the more I have absolutely no clue whatsoever what is going on!!

Aitchbee 18:17 17 Jun 2017

2nd guess. Possibly fake or faux stone pillars are being manufactured. There's a few finished ones standing vertically in background. [as mentioned above by Belatucadrus]

Belatucadrus 18:30 17 Jun 2017

I like the idea of the wire frame as steel reinforcement for a columnar structure of some form. Not sure about the Faux stone pillars, it looks too much like a production line for something that would be a real niche product, how many fake columns does the building trade get through ?

Foundation piles maybe ?

Aitchbee 19:20 17 Jun 2017

I was thinking stage props for epic films.

click here

wee eddie 13:24 18 Jun 2017

It looks to me to be the final room of a factory, drawing wire, which is coming out from another place and rolled onto a drum in the centre.

On the left appear to be several horizontal bundles of metal rods, one of which is surrounded by a mesh tube. There appear to be a number of similar mesh tubes stacked vertically on the right.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?