Identification Longshot and Talking Point 1353

Brumas2 22:30 05 Jun 2015

Good Evening All

This is A GENUINE UNIDENTIFIED POSTCARD. These chaps remind me of the members of her grandfather’s lodge in “Peggy Sue got married”

Close examination shows numbers on some of the headgear.

click here

click here

Brumas 23:15 05 Jun 2015

I'm turning in now but before I do, I have to say, in my case, I am finding the new look forum a lot faster, cleaner and less cluttered - I hope it stays this way in the future.

G'Night All.

Belatucadrus 02:03 06 Jun 2015

It's the annual get together of the Toulouse branch of La société de chapeau ridicule.

Brumas 09:04 06 Jun 2015

* Belatucadrus* I like ;o}

Belatucadrus 11:52 06 Jun 2015

I'd love to know what it is, but unless we can dig up some French Centenarians with what may be rather esoteric knowledge I suspect we're going to strike out on this one.

My first thought was Masons, but the symbol on the hat insert looks like a building frontage, possibly the one they're posing in front, no obvious masonic symbols on display.

Second thought was some kind of supporters club but none of the terribly subtle understated rosettes match so more likely prizes for something rather than indications of sporting allegiance. One of them seems to have "1083" on its ribbon, no idea what that signifies.

Brumas 12:31 06 Jun 2015

* Belatucadrus*, on first glance it looks like something out of a Student's Rag Week carry on, but some of the chaps seem a little long in the tooth for that!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:04 06 Jun 2015

All equal winners in the daft hat contest as per Belatucadrus

Brumas 13:06 06 Jun 2015

* Fruit Bat /\0/*, quite so!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone