Identification Longshot and Talking Point 1208

Brumas 23:01 24 Oct 2014

Good Evening All

Last one tonight is A GENUINE UNIDENTIFIED POSTCARD, unposted so no clues to be had. Definitely one for the night shift ;o}

click here

Woolwell 23:08 24 Oct 2014

I'm not sure it is in UK. Could be a lookout post or gun battery at the top.

Brumas 23:20 24 Oct 2014

I'm turning in now Folks, G'Night All.

john bunyan 09:30 25 Oct 2014

Tried, using Photoshop, to improve the clarity of the image - looks like an observation or lookout. The lady at bottom left gives an idea of the scale.

john bunyan 11:45 25 Oct 2014

Jock1e

Would love to try but the DVLA have withdrawn my licence for 2 years following brain surgery.

The "castle" is a mystery; it seems a bit barren and Gibraltar, or maybe the Channel Islands are possible candidates - I have tried "military look outs" etc with no success and have to go out soon. (Wife as chauffeuse ) . This is a hard one.

Woolwell 16:11 25 Oct 2014

Fairly sure that it is not Gib as I have spent some time there including a month with the Army.

I have considered further east - India, Yemen or even China.

caccy 16:34 25 Oct 2014

If this is an old (1920-75) I would eliminate any Arab country as the woman does not have a headscarf on and is showing too much leg!!.

My first thoughts were somewhere in Asia.

john bunyan 16:48 25 Oct 2014

caccy

Maybe, but the "Castle" looks European (design)

john bunyan 16:55 25 Oct 2014

Most of the men are in white with white headware..The flag seems not to be the Union flag?

john bunyan 19:00 25 Oct 2014

Maybe this is an "unsolved "one? Could it be in a N African country like Morocco or Tunisia where there were "castles" and the dress was more "relaxed"? I have scoured Castles, Observation and Lookout points in Oman, Dubai, Tunisia, Morocco , Aden, Channel Islands and admit defeat for now! The dark men in white with white clothes and headgear are puzzling.

Brumas 12:54 26 Oct 2014

Jock1e,

I think you are on the right track. Can I see a chap, not unlike a Sikh soldier, squatting in the field below the bottom building on the right?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone