ICT Certifications

conor268 22:12 19 Oct 2010

Hi all,
I was wondering if someone could recommend any IT (tech support mainly) courses that would be sought after by employers?

I am currently at uni on placement and am looking to improve my knowledge and chances of getting a job post graduation.

Thanks in advance!

Uboat 22:51 19 Oct 2010

Conor for a starters try the "ECDL" course its a good start here is a link! btw i dont know what is ur experience so please bare this in mind..

click here

conor268 23:00 19 Oct 2010

Thanks I wil look into it!

My experience would extend to being in my 3rd year of university on an IT placement, studying Computing and Information technology. I am in an IT desktop support role currently for a year.

I have heard of CompTIA A+ certification and am looking into this also if anyone would recommend this!?

Uboat 23:05 19 Oct 2010

Conor you may be more advanced then this above reply i gave! HOWEVER! your in the correct forum there is some FANTASTIC people on here that are VERY advanced in ICT! & would gladly give there support/direction...

KremmenUK 06:53 20 Oct 2010

Your not going to like this, but, the majority of UK IT services companies now want business skills for UK employees backed up with a university degree.

The majority of technical (programming) tasks are now carried out overseas.

Companies want to pay rock bottom prices for their IT and this is the only way of achieving the best tender when the various IT companies bid for business.

If you do want to be technical and in the UK then get a copy of Computer weekly or similar and scan the vacancies for an idea of what languages are currently in demand.

conor268 08:27 20 Oct 2010

Hi again,
Thanks for that info but I am currently studying for my degree at the moment so I should have my degree in CIT next year, but I want to know if there are any courses that would be of additional benefit to someone in a tech support role.

Programming and development are not really what I will look to be doing :)

Cheers

Bingalau 09:05 20 Oct 2010

conor268. I am pretty sure that when our FE sees your thread he will give you good advice. So hang in there until he does so.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone