icredible pictures by pencil not camera

sunnystaines 12:14 05 Jun 2010

click here

just amazing

Quickbeam 12:32 05 Jun 2010

Can I buy these pencils at WH Smith, and will they work as well for me straight from the box...?

sunnystaines 12:37 05 Jun 2010

they work straight from the box, but you need a little skill to get it right.

spuds 12:39 05 Jun 2010

Many years ago my father left me a collection of paintings, and I have increased the collection considerably since then. The range covers the whole spectrum regarding subject matter and materials used. In my travelling days, I always tried to obtain a local artists work, from leave paintings to the more 'up-market' within a low budget.

Quite a number of the pencil or charcoal drawings are of animal subject, mainly dogs. (I suppose they are the easiest to draw if standing still!).

We have two well known world-wide artist's who live local. One does locomotives and African animal scenes, and the other does mainly cartoon type, but alas I cannot afford the 'originals' prices.

Also in our area we have a very old hall that is now open to the public. The daughters of the household use to make portraits of various household animal, by using groomed animal and human hair. They are absolutely brilliant, and must have taken literally months if not years to complete.

Even some of the local graffiti artist's seem to get awards for their work. And I only wish I could turn out work that they seem to do :O))

spuds 12:42 05 Jun 2010

Ever tried painting by numbers, or the tin foil portraits. I have and they turned out terrible :O((

sunnystaines 12:46 05 Jun 2010

my drawing skills are 0 out of ten

jack 12:47 05 Jun 2010

sold in a box of 6 in six grades HB/2B/4B/6B/8B/9B
A good sketching/drawing paper and skill
lots of skill practice and paper.
You get the continuous tone effect by smearing with a damp tissue then overlaying with a darker shade.
Start with the lights and work up to the darks.

colberly 15:29 05 Jun 2010

Brilliant, wish I had such artistic talent.

Paddylad 18:15 05 Jun 2010

I'd love to send your link to a friend. How can it be done, in simple terms, please?

Bingalau 18:23 05 Jun 2010

Paddylad
I've just forwarded the link by going to the page concerned and highlighting the rigmarole in the browser at the top of the page.. (Right click and select "copy" by left clicking from the resulting drop down menu.. E-mail your friend right click on the e-mail page and left click on "paste in the drop down menu"... Robert is your mother's brother... The link should appear in the page which you then send as normal...

Strawballs 18:23 05 Jun 2010

Go to link then copy and paste address into email

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017