Ian Brady 'gives location details' about Keith Bennett's body

Quickbeam 00:49 17 Aug 2012
Answered

I just caught this on the late news on the way home tonight Brady talks, he must be preparing to meet his maker to suddenly reveal the location.

Brady reveals Bennett location

zzzz999 02:57 17 Aug 2012

That's a quite confusing news report. I assume the person arrested is refusing to release details of their conversation.

spuds 07:29 17 Aug 2012

Over the years quite a number of 'location' sites have been visited, and it appears that the actual location site (if there is one) will never be known or disclosed due to memory factors.

This is going to be another one of those issues, that time will only reveal.

bremner 07:47 17 Aug 2012

Brady's legal advocate in an interview to a TV production compnay intimiated Brady had given her a letter to be opened after his death giving the location of Keith' grave.

Affter being bailed she has told Sky News that her words have been misunderstood but she did not say the letter did not exist.

bremner 07:47 17 Aug 2012

Brady's legal advocate in an interview to a TV production compnay intimiated Brady had given her a letter to be opened after his death giving the location of Keith' grave.

Affter being bailed she has told Sky News that her words have been misunderstood but she did not say the letter did not exist.

interzone55 10:41 17 Aug 2012

I may be misunderstanding the role of legal advocate - but wouldn't all communication between Brady and his Advocate be subject to the usual client / legal representative rules on privileged information.

Forum Editor 11:00 17 Aug 2012

All this should be taken with a big pinch of salt. Brady is a mentally unbalanced, devious individual, and anything he says or does should never be taken at face value.

Apart from that, if you were a seriously disturbed child torturer and had killed five children would you remember the spot where you buried one of them 46 years after the event?

Joseph Kerr 11:35 17 Aug 2012

I don't see any reason why he wouldn't remember. Indeed, this will probably have been on his mind a good deal, which may make it more likely that he has remembered.

I'm a little surprised that Brady's character is th eonly one being questioned. My early feeling is that this visitor can be a little tricksy. And Brady, as far as we know, has said nothing; it is th evisitor making these claims*.

There seems to be three possibilities:

1 - The visitor was given nothing.

2 - The visitor was given someting that will turn out to be nothing.

3 - The visitor was indeed given the letters alleged by the documentary makers.

We shall see when the programme comes out, I expect, what she actually said.

*Though, in fact, it is really the documentary makers.

Forum Editor 12:06 17 Aug 2012

Joseph Kerr

Brady was taken to Saddleworth Moor in 1987 after indicating that he would show police where Keith Bennett's body was. He couldn't (or didn't) find the spot then, and I doubt he could do it now. The moor is like all moors - one part looks much like another, and I believe it would be extremely difficult to remember a precise location after four decades.

Joseph Kerr 12:15 17 Aug 2012

And you may well be right.

I gather that the police narrowed down the suspected area to one of only a few square yards a few years ago.

There is something I'm having a hard time understanding. Why is it not as simple as asking the visitor to hand the document over, and then examining the contents? If she has indeed been given anything, she would surely know which of the docments in her home is the right one...I am trying to assume her integrity is a given, but I'm struggling.

interzone55 12:54 17 Aug 2012

I was camping on Saddleworth Moor in 1987 when Brady was trying to find the spot.

As part of our Duke Of Edinburgh award we were doing our survival camp, sleeping under a discarded tarpaulin.

We were somewhat surprised to be woken up by several police cars, a helicopter and a BBC film crew.

I can confirm that Saddleworth Moor is a vast and desolate place, and I doubt after only 25 years I'd be able to find the spot where we spent three nights camping...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone