I would recommend that you read this a.s.a.p.

wee eddie 21:13 07 Apr 2008

It could be very important to all of us.

click here

eddie

anskyber 21:16 07 Apr 2008
  interzone55 21:29 07 Apr 2008

But then again all the most up to date patch security software in the world won't protect you from some numpty who pops all your details in the post

click here

LastChip 22:38 07 Apr 2008

The ensuing negative publicity if ever a bank were to try and invoke that clause would be commercial suicide.

Make no mistake, banks try and encourage Internet Banking because it cuts their costs in terms of numbers of staff required. If they could get away with it, I'm sure they would close every branch excepting major cities.

To try and back out of their responsibility in all but the most blatant case is simply not an acceptable publicity risk.

There's nothing new in this. If you recall, having a Credit/Debit card with your PIN number written down close by, was also deemed unacceptable by the banks, and frankly, not unreasonably so.

As far as I can see, all they are saying is take reasonable care.

Forum Editor 22:43 07 Apr 2008

and this causes losses, you may be responsible for them"

I see nothing wrong with that - it's a perfectly reasonable thing to say. Why some people seem to think that banks are there to protect them from their own stupidity is beyond me.

Kev.Ifty 22:46 07 Apr 2008

Will we find the Banks recommending certain security software above others?

I see a commercial opportunity for someone here. :-)

Pesala 23:10 07 Apr 2008
  Kev.Ifty 23:42 07 Apr 2008

Did ya mans ancestors come back as termites and by investing his savings in this Bank he provided sustainance for them, so he actually did a good thing?

sunny staines 09:01 08 Apr 2008

the nationwide has just sent us a card reader to use online but no instructions. went into local branch they knew nothing about them so not sure if the card reader is a scam or not anyone else got one.

laurie53 09:05 08 Apr 2008

Sounds a bit dodgy.

I would have thought such a policy would have generated publicity beyond this forum!

hastelloy 09:34 08 Apr 2008

are on the website. I received mine a couple of days ago and needed to use it yesterday. Its easy enough.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone