I want to get into tthe IT INdustry - Courses?

muscic lover 11:04 24 Aug 2007

I'd like to enter the IT field and would love to know what courses would be beneficial.

I am happy to undertake any that are applicable to Repair and Maintainence side of things.

I have already got my ECDL course completed with a good pass.

ANY ideas welcomed!

Thank you.

Thalmus 11:14 24 Aug 2007

The first is the MCSA/MCSE course. These are Microsoft courses which comprise of various MCP exams which add up to the MCSA/MCSE. These are also branched off into DBA roles or System Administrator roles. One exam that counts towards the MCSA is what is called the A+ exam. The A+ is not a Microsoft exam but covers hardware and software maintenance and repairs and is good foundation, especially if you have no prior knowledge.

The second path is the Cisco route. This involves learning to configure Cisco equipment like routers and switches and getting them working in harmony. Cisco courses start off with the CCNA which is the foundation and then branch off in 5 different directions (networking, VOIP, etc....), leading to the very prestigious CCIE. These qualifications are sought after by ISP's and telco companies. Cisco engineers can be paid ALOT of money with more qualifications and experience.

Anyway, that is something for you to think about.

hereford456 11:27 24 Aug 2007

CompTIA A+ will give you a good grounding as an IT Technician. click here
MCP is fine but only covers you for the exam you take.
MCSA & MCSE are advanced courses and take time & money.
CCNA is a hard Network qualification to take & the pass mark is 80%
4 semesters + nearly 40+ modules to take & then a final exam!

Thalmus 11:31 24 Aug 2007

And if Music lover is entering the IT industry with no experince he is gonig to get no where with just the A+

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?