I seem to be missing something

Chegs ®™ 02:16 03 Jul 2008

I regularly hear radio adverts for laxatives and cures for diarrhea proclaiming "do you feel sluggish,bloated....take ...(insert yoghurt brand)and feel alive and full of energy" and then we get the "Do you suffer from diarrhea..is it making you feel sluggish,etc...take ...(insert diarrhea cure) and feel energetic,blah blah"

So which is it? Does diarrhea make you feel sluggish or does constipation.Or both makes you feel sluggish.I will admit to never feeling like a gastropod mollusk whatsoever,so I have no need to test these adverts claims.

Quickbeam 07:08 03 Jul 2008

that's when I move the quickest!

BT 08:20 03 Jul 2008

The TV one that always amuses me is the one that starts off something like..
"When you started the day with diarrhea you have two choices"

NO YOU DON'T!!

Pine Man 08:40 03 Jul 2008

You all missed the 'O' out off diarrhoea, which is probably what you'd all say when you found out you'd got it and then 'ahh' when it was gone!

interzone55 08:43 03 Jul 2008

I remember a combined laxative & cough medicine - it made it so you were afraid to cough...

Brumas 08:54 03 Jul 2008

Just remember - never take sleeping pills and laxatives at the same time !!!

laurie53 09:19 03 Jul 2008

I can't be the only one who found some Ex-Lax at home when sweets were still on ration!

Bingalau 09:24 03 Jul 2008

When we were kids we found some dark chocolate in a drawer, which we hurriedly ate. The consequences of that were horrendous for the three of us. Yes it was that Ex-lax chocolate. So you laurie53, are not the only one to get caught out.

spuds 11:01 03 Jul 2008

Have you noticed with these adverts, the people are always smiling and having parties ;o)

Picklefactory 11:05 03 Jul 2008

I think party is thrown by the Andrex shareholders

Curio 14:37 03 Jul 2008

I can remember ExLax being added to a mug of Middle Watch kai for an obnoxious Midshipman when I first went to sea. He never did twig!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?