I see that the BBC have appointed ....

Clapton is God 13:24 12 May 2009

.... a Muslim to head up their religious programmes post click here

Does this mean that Songs of Praise will now be broadcast 5 times a day and we'll have to watch it whilst kneeling down, having first removed our footwear?

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:31 12 May 2009

Meh! same sky pilot - difference in opinion of his earthly emissary. Previous producer was a Sikh, so double Meh!

G

wiz-king 13:32 12 May 2009

You should be kneeling anyway, with hands clasped - footware is optional.

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:36 12 May 2009

I have met and stayed with many Muslims in my travels over the years and I have to say that they were a really nice, considerate bunch capable of much more logical thinking than Christians. They were always ultra-hospitable to the extent of leaving themselves short.

G

Mr Mistoffelees 14:01 12 May 2009

The problem for muslims is that the media, and the ignorant, label them on the basis of the actions of the tiny minority with extremist views.

My own experience of Muslims is similar to that of the old wizard.

Mr Mistoffelees 14:09 12 May 2009

"Archbishop of Canterbury Dr Rowan Williams raised concerns over the prospect of a Muslim head of religious broadcasting during a meeting with the corporation's director general Mark Thompson in March."

Dr Williams should be thankful that someone sharing my view of religion didn't get the job.

BTW, I'm an atheist, I'll stop there to avoid stiring up trouble!

Forum Editor 15:35 12 May 2009

That's also my experience. Let it not be forgotten that some Briitish people are thought of in less than glowing terms around the world, partly because of our propensity for expecting everyone to change their national way of life to accommodate our likes and dislikes, and our religious foibles.

There are no doubt people in Africa who have been quite surprised when coming here to find that in the main we're not such a bad lot. As someone once said "All people are roughly the same, there's good 'uns and bad 'uns, but all the rest are middlin sort of folk"

shellship 18:04 12 May 2009

Gandalf <I:-)> may well indeed be a wizard but the one we know and love from these forums cannot surely be old, unlike his Tolkien namesake.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:17 12 May 2009

I'm not.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?