I need help with a document delivery to Luxembourg

Forum Editor 18:56 09 Nov 2010

I have to get a document from London to Luxembourg. It's an extremely important document, and I need it to go from me to the recipient within 24 hours.

Does anybody know a fast, reliable courier service? Cost isn't the deciding factor, but speed and reliability is. Normally I use one of the big couriers (DHL/FEDEX etc.) for document delivery, but this is a special case.

octal 19:17 09 Nov 2010

What about sending someone from your organisation? It wouldn't be the first time I've had to do that myself when a company I worked for needed to get a contract bid in by a certain time.

octal 19:23 09 Nov 2010

Just to add, Eurostar is a good option, London to Brussels, then intercity to Luxembourg.
click here

The could be back the same day.

Noldi 19:40 09 Nov 2010

As sugested above send a person. we use this system all the time its one of the Jollys that we can get if not busy. I know Eurotunnel do a same day return ticket for about £20 so get it driven there, Luxembourg is about 3.5 hours out of Calais.

Im not sure if you require it delivered 24hrs from now or 24hrs after a certain event.

If you can wait till 28th ill drop it off on my way back to Switzerland.

Noldi

Forum Editor 20:49 09 Nov 2010

Thank you for your kind offer, but I'm pleased to say I have resolved the problem. The document is going to Luxembourg on a motorbike. The document has to be in a Luxembourg office by 7:00pm tomorrow. The bike rider says that's no problem - he does the run regularly.

Sending someone from the office isn't an option - the bike is cheaper. I use Eurostar quite a lot, but I can't go myself on this occasion - too many other things to do.

lotvic 21:25 09 Nov 2010

Aye, Forum to see to, foxes to chase, fungi to sort out, busy busy...

Forum Editor 22:32 09 Nov 2010

That made me chuckle.

lotvic 22:37 09 Nov 2010

:)

morddwyd 08:25 10 Nov 2010

Good fast run down to Luxembourg on a crisp autumn day.

I wish!

Good job my wife's not reading this thread. I'd be getting my own meals for a few days!

Quickbeam 08:33 10 Nov 2010

"Good fast run down to Luxembourg on a crisp autumn day."
Not on a motorbike it ain't!

interzone55 09:02 10 Nov 2010

When I worked at a PC manufacturer we used to have to return refunded Windows COA stickers to Thompson Litho in Germany. Whilst the stickers were essentially worthless to anyone else as they'd been cancelled, a full A4 envelope would we worth around £100k to us, so just the insurance on a courier delivery was almost £1,000.

This meant that once a quarter a "lucky" member of staff got the job of flying out of Leeds Bradford airport by cattle class, dashing across Germany by bus then back again same day. I had to do it once and it wasn't something I would want to do again in a hurry...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?