I have just received my first copy of PC Pro

wee eddie 12:33 10 Jun 2017

I have just received my first copy of PC Pro. Unfortunately it is targeted at someone other than myself. 71 years old, retired, with a Desktop and, by choice, an elderly smartphone.

Now, IDG took my annual Subscription on the 5th May, which was after the demise of PCA had been announced.

I do not wish to receive further copies of PC Pro.

How do I go about retrieving my subscription which, I believe, was taken under false pretences.

Forum Editor 12:49 10 Jun 2017

"I do not wish to receive further copies of PC Pro."

You can talk to the subscriptions dept. on 0330 333 9493 between 8:00 am and 8:00pm

or email them at: [email protected]

Information which you could have obtained in less than a minute via Google.

Let's not have any more defamatory remarks about false pretences - nobody has attempted to defraud you in any way.

alanrwood 12:49 10 Jun 2017

Suggest you phone subscriptions. Also cancel the direct debit so no more can be taken.

Just received mine too but not had chance to look at it yet. From the title I would guess it is more pointed towards business users but can only confirm when I have read it.

wee eddie 13:35 10 Jun 2017

Thank you for the information FE. There was an introductory letter with my Copy. But it omitted those options.

The reason that I used the terms that I did, was because my Subscription was taken "After" the closure of PCA had been announced to the public.

I don't think that I was being defamatory. Had a Bankrupt Business continued charging Annual Subscriptions, after the Receivers had been called in, I would have been justified in using the same terms.

Of course PCA did not become bankrupt, its closure was a business decision, so they had a considerable period of time to handle such matters. Which is demonstrated by the final issue which contained a distinct lack of references to the following issue. Therefor Editorial Staff probably had a month, or mores', notice of its demise.

Forum Editor 14:00 10 Jun 2017

"I don't think that I was being defamatory. Had a Bankrupt Business continued charging Annual Subscriptions, after the Receivers had been called in, I would have been justified in using the same terms."

Perhaps, but nobody is bankrupt, so why say it?

Anyway, nobody expects you to continue with a subscription if you don't want to. We'll leave you to contact PC Pro.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires