I don'twatch football

ulrich 19:31 08 Mar 2008

But well done Barnsley. What can you say.

Quickbeam 19:39 08 Mar 2008

but Barnsley showed more bottle and inventiveness than the England Rugby team did at an international level in the game shown before... they made up for my day off work!

rawprawn 19:43 08 Mar 2008

Like you I have no real interest in football, but I am always in favour of the underdog. In this match I should have been rooting for Chelsea as they were the underdogs from the start.
I am over the moon to see overpaid footballers get their cumuppence.
Well done Barnsley!!

Bingalau 19:48 08 Mar 2008

I thoroughly enjoyed watching both matches. Now I am waiting for all the e-mails from all my Scottish friends??? Telling me what rubbish our lot played.
The thing that still bugs me about these international matches between British sides is why England insist on God Save The Queen for our national anthem. Surely it is also Scotland's and Wales's and Northern Ireland's national anthem? Therefore we should be playing something more patriotic than that dirge every time. Yes FE I know we have been through this over and over again. But maybe if we keep at it we can get it altered.

Kaacee 20:24 08 Mar 2008

Bingalau: Are you suggesting that England might play better if we changed the national anthem, if so perhaps a more appropriate tune might be.... HELP by the Beatles....

Bingalau 21:09 08 Mar 2008

No but I am sure the congregation would sing it more lustily. We are no different to the Welsh lads and lasses who sing their hearts out to a decent tune. Look at the way the Scots have taken to singing their anthem now they are allowed to. Listen to the rugby lads and lasses singing "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot" That proves that we English can sing just as loudly and lustily as anybody if the song is worth it. Who was it who said "Why should the Devil have all the best tunes"? Well it seems those foreign devils have got them all at the moment.

ulrich 23:05 08 Mar 2008

Motorcycle Sport, we have for the first time in 30 years an Englishman(even if he is only16yrs old)quickest in training for a Motorcycle Grand Prix, Bradley Smith 125cc, also for the MotoGP we have an Englishman 2nd quickest, James Toesland.
Unfortunately they haven't taken any drugs to get where they are, although it is rumored that James Toesland plays a mean Grand Piano in his spare time, so of course this will not be headline news.

Stuartli 23:53 08 Mar 2008

>>In this match I should have been rooting for Chelsea as they were the underdogs from the start.>>

What on earth ever gave you that idea?

Quickbeam 04:39 09 Mar 2008

While I was watching the highlights, I wondered what the cost was for 'Samsung' to have their name on Chelsea's shirts Vs Barnsleys 'Wake Smith' solicitors? I think Wake Smith will be getting ready for a nice upturn in business... anyone in in Barnsley that is going to sue someone will want Wake Smith to do it for them now :)

Quickbeam 04:53 09 Mar 2008

And in the pub the jibes were, "Cole must think he's got an England shirt on... 'cause he can't play today!", "Abramovich couldn't come because you can't get Champagne in Barnsley to go with your pie 'n peas"... etc. Ho, ho :)

rawprawn 18:24 09 Mar 2008

Because Barnsley were walking all over them in the first half!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?