I don,t believe it.

Kevscar1 08:08 07 Jul 2009

Dr gave sicknote for another 10 weeks last night, told him if I felt capable would go back to work earlier I would. I was told that he had to sign me off first and it was illegal for me to work unless he did.
It,s riduclous that I can not go back unless hr says so.

wiz-king 08:49 07 Jul 2009

No - he knows best , however you could go back to him earlier if you feel you are fit enough to work. Maybe get a letter from your firm saying you will be on light work for a month.

interzone55 08:56 07 Jul 2009

It's all down to insurance.

If you're under a sick note and have an accident at work, your company's insurers can quite rightly claim you shouldn't have been there in the first place, so they don't have to pay out...

newman35 09:05 07 Jul 2009

"It,s riduclous(sic) that I can not go back unless hr says so."

Now if you had said you cannot return to work until the counter assistant in your local chipshop says so - then THAT would be ridiculous.

But this is your doctor for god's sake - listen to him!

Kevscar1 09:35 07 Jul 2009

Self-employed so no company to worry about. How is he going to know if I am capable of driving 250 miles a week and carrying 10 - 14 kilo loads in and out 60 times a day. I don't even see him about the recovery only physio elsewhere and they don't send him reports.

peter99co 11:00 07 Jul 2009

Change to a Doctor that does not care about your health.

Simsy 11:07 07 Jul 2009

That if you're a driver it's not ridiculous!

Regards,

Simsy

newman35 11:08 07 Jul 2009

But what about other road users, pedestrians etc ??

Without knowing the exact nature of the 'sickness' (and I do not wish to know) it is impossible to judge. The doctor is the professional and if, in his opinion, you should not be working, then that is how it should be, for the safety of all of us.

Anything else is foolhardy in the extreme.

dagnammit 11:26 07 Jul 2009

A Victor Meldrew "I don't believe it".......

If your doctor signs that you're unfit for work for a length of time, then until that time lapses it's upto him to certify you as fit for work.

It makes sense... how often do people feel well enough and then relapse???

He knows best and I'm speaking from experience, I was off for a while and wanted to go back to work. He said it was too early but I insisted, it was driving me nuts doing nothing, so he signed the form. I went back to work and was feeling like crap soon after. If I went out sick again I'd have faced the company doctors and went down the route of being unfit for the job.

Pamy 12:04 07 Jul 2009

Just ask any of your insurers what they have to say on the matter (you are insured an't you)

Monument 12:32 07 Jul 2009

You seem to have a reckless disregard for everyone other than yourself.

Your doctor tells you you are unfit to work yet you want to drive around loading and unloading risking the safety of other road users.

Very sensible.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?