I do love reading these 419 emails

pj123 16:03 19 Jun 2007

Just got this one today. It is titled A Cry For Help.

This is how it goes.

I know you will be surprise to receive this mail; I got your contact through the net when I was searching a reliable person who will assist my family out of this predicament here in south Africa. I am VICTOR MOYO, a son of a rich farmer in Zimbabwe Late Mr.MOYO PHILIP . My father was assassinated last two years in the war zone area in Zimbabwe.

My mother and my two younger sisters are presently in South Africa, where we were granted political asylum. I inherited the sum of US$10.7 Million Dollars (TEN MILLION SEVEN HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATE DOLLARS) from my father, these money has been successfully conveyed to me into South-Africa and was deposited in private security and finance company by my late father. I have every documents to this fund including my father's last WILL.

My reason for contacting you is that this country is know longer a safe place for my family investment for the fear of encountering the same experience of my late father in future since the both countries has the same political history and common boundary, based on this point we seek for your assistance as a reliable partner to do this transaction with us Abroad. If you are interested in assisting us to invest this money in your country or becoming my partner in business, please try to contact me on the above number as soon as possible. Endeavor to keep this transaction very private and confidential, Because it's my family lifetime future investment.

Please we have made up our mind to give you 20% of the money and 5% for any expenses that may occure in the process of this transfer together with your phone calls. please consider this as a help to a family in dare need of your assistance and do it believing that GOD's reward is worth than that of man.

Best Regard.

VICTOR MOYO.
(FOR THE FAMILY)
Altanative Email: victormoyo7@jmail.co.za

Now deleted.

Jak_1 16:10 19 Jun 2007

This old cherry still doing the rounds then!

madgamer234 16:14 19 Jun 2007

i enact the correct discipline procedures for e-mail security so therefore never get junk ones.

Cymro. 17:09 19 Jun 2007

They do say that one is born every minute. I wonder what percentage of people who

receive such things actually fall for the scam? Even if it is as little as only one

percent then it is a good little earner for the con-men.

octal 17:21 19 Jun 2007

I find them a constant source of entertainment to while away two minutes before it gets directed to the waste bin.

Al94 20:15 19 Jun 2007

Just got this hard luck story

Dear Sir/Madam,
I know that this mail will be a surprise package to you, don't be annoyed my purpose of writing to you is because I am confused about this world and it's not my wish to look for help from anybody but due to circumstances of things I am passing through in my life made me decide to ask for help instead of mingling myself with the bad society.

My name is Harmon Abigael,I am a student of University of Ibadan in Nigeria, studying Computer Science, this is my second year in the University. I was 12 years old when my father died in motor accident, when my father was alive he worked with Ministry of Works and Housing as a Security Man. Then my mother been a petty trader managed to train us to Secondary School level before she had a stroke and died after 3 years. We are only two boys in my family. After the death of my mother, then my senior brother met a friend who introduced him to one German man that was working with a construction company here in Nigeria. Then my brother worked with the man as a cleaner, after the man finished there construction work for 3 years, my brother was too good to him, this made him give my brother some money and gift before going back to his country Germany.

Then we sat down together and decided what to do with the money, we later decided that he will travel out side the country which as God helped he traveled to (U.S.A), eight months later he sent some money to me telling me that I should further my Education which I did. But the worst thing that happened to my life was that my brother was among the people that died on the 11th September suicide attack by the terrorist on United State of America (USA), since then I have not been myself, and I don't know where to start, I only decided to look for help so that I can finish up my education before thinking on what to do next, but I know God will take control of every thing. Please it is not my wish to ask for help but I wish that you are that kind person that will help me out of this my dilemma.

Hoping to hear from you soonest.

God bless you as you care.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone