I can't win

Kevscar1 16:42 12 Dec 2011

According to the GMC "The institution should have its own mechanism by which the Ethics Committee’s decision can be appealed". The Hospital say there isn't owm.

The PMABS refuse early release of my Police Pension because "NICE guidelines treatment algoritm clearly shows that Mr Scrdifield has barely scratched the surface of the treatments available.

NICE say "I can confirm that NICE has not yet published a general clinical guideline on the care of patients with complex regional pain syndrome (also known as reflex sympathetic dystrophy)".

morddwyd 20:15 12 Dec 2011

Catch 22, for real.

Kevscar1 10:39 13 Dec 2011

and I can't get a warmfront grant for central heating because I was self-employed so my benifits are contribution based not income based.

lotvic 13:02 13 Dec 2011

The rules for everything seem to be so complicated now, it doesn't help that what used to be sick pay - IB, is now ESA with a whole new set of rules.

Employment and Support Allowance Guide ClickHere I am struggling to understand the new rulings to help my sis-in-law decide which to claim, (has Learning Disabled 18 yr old daughter at school till 2013 then college for 3 yrs) will daughter be better off on ESA now or should mother continue to claim Child Tax Credit & Child Benefit.... They give with one hand and take away with other. I find it amazing that I can't get a straight answer from any of the Depts or Help Agencies, had 3 tell me straight out they don't know as they don't understand the new rules properly so could not commit themselves to even giving examples.

Kevscar1 14:27 13 Dec 2011

Try and get appointment at citzens advice.

john bunyan 14:47 13 Dec 2011

*Kevscar* First you have my deepest sympathy for your dreadful situation. Luckily for me I have not had to go through anything like your pain etc, although my wife has had a great deal of it and is on permanent morphine based fentenyl slow release patches. With regard to your "welfare" needs, it seems obvious that you are entitled to a lot of benefits - again I am not an expert but clearly you need a lot of help from a CAB advisor. I am sure you will have contacted the Police Fedreation for help - surely the police must have advisors or and/ or some sort of benevolent fund? I sinerely hope you find someone who will give you a lot more help than appears to be the case at present.

Kevscar1 16:09 13 Dec 2011

There is a Police Welfare fund but I really don't want to ask for charity. As for more benefits tried but having been self-employed goes against you.

john bunyan 16:49 13 Dec 2011

If ever there were a more deserving case than yours, I do not know one. Charity these days is not in the same light as years ago, and these funds are for use. I subscribe to an association that adds extras to the help that severely wounded ex fofces folk. EG state of the art wheelchairs as opposed to the usual. That is not charity.Do ask them, and also help with your overall situation - even if you were self employed, I cannot believe that some help is not available. At worst write to your MP

Brumas 17:37 13 Dec 2011

I really don't want to ask for charity, why? You worked bloomin hard all your life and didn't need any assistance from anyone, now's the time you DO need extra help because unfortunately, through no fault of your own, you are unable, yet willing to work.

morddwyd 19:46 13 Dec 2011

If it's from a welfare fund into which you have paid, even if only indirectly, it is not charity, it is your friends helping you out.

I would have no hesitation in going to the British Legion, RAFA,or SSAFA - I have earned that right.

The Salvation Army or similar would be different.

Kevscar1 07:06 14 Dec 2011

John Bunyan I e-mailed my MP 3 times asking for help raisiing awareness about RSd, he said He would contact the Health Minister. First was Oct 2010, when I was in contqact with them in April they said he had never got in touch.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?