Hypocrisy

dagbladet 09:12 26 Jan 2011

I seem to be surrounded by hypocrites at the moment. At the pub last night, at work today, all of a sudden many the blokes around me have come out all outraged and offended and ever so 'feminist'. These are the same guys who up until linesmangate (it must receive 'gate' status soon) made Ollie Reed seem like a big jessie. One of the girls just said she wished they'd go back to being 'blokes' again, They're "being creepy".

lotvic 23:01 26 Jan 2011

lol

Forum Editor 23:38 26 Jan 2011

may well think the men are 'being creepy', but that just highlights the situation perfectly.

She thinks they're being creepy because they are outraged by a couple of men who should know better making remarks to and about women that were unacceptable. The men in the pub obviously think it was unacceptable, or they wouldn't have " come out all outraged and offended and ever so 'feminist'" as you put it.

I imagine that same girl in the pub likes men to be romantic, strong, caring, and all the other things that women like men to be, but I wonder how she would feel if a couple of the 'blokes' made disparaging remarks about her ability to do her job because she was a woman.

I'm sure you don't mean to suggest that women actually like men to be crude,ignorant and patronising,simply because of one remark made by one girl in a pub.

interzone55 12:27 27 Jan 2011

I do wonder why i'm not allowed to comment on the attractiveness or otheriwse of any girls in the office, but it's absolutely fine for them to talk about blokes bottoms all day, and have a fireman calendar on the wall.

If we're to stop being sexist it must be from both sides...

Colin 13:43 27 Jan 2011

"If we're to stop being sexist it must be from both sides..." Well said, but it ain't gonna happen!

That applies to something else as well but I don't want to get barred by the FE. It's just my opinion.

jakimo 14:56 27 Jan 2011

What should be good for the goose should be good for the gander.
Now that the matter has be dealt favourably for the former,the time is ripe to deal with the latter.

click here

interzone55 15:30 27 Jan 2011

Thank you - I can honestly say that's the first sensible article I've ever read in the Mail...

jakimo 15:39 27 Jan 2011

I can honestly say that I do not usually read the Mail or any other newspaper,unless that is someone here refers to a certain article.

DippyGirl 22:22 27 Jan 2011

Damn! Rumbled, but there is only so much cake you can eat and keep, still think of the hips! (Yes I can say this, can you?)

Looked up the offside rule, and it isn't rocket science - but if you are concentrating on which of your two expletives to direct at the goalkeeper/referee/manager/whoever I can see the problem.
(hope we can all spell irony )

Nice comments (that dont seem to be creepy ) from Graham Drury click here
Hope Siam's career isnt blighted ... just for doing her job

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone