Humph RIP

john bunyan 08:11 26 Apr 2008

Sorry to hear Humphrey Littleton has died. Used to go to 100 Oxford St in the late '50's and 60's to dance etc to his trad band and much enjoyed his "I'm Sorry, I Havent't a Clue" radio show. He will be sorely missed.

Forum Editor 08:25 26 Apr 2008

is one of the great treasures of radio - very few programmes achieve that degree of excellence.

He'll be sorely missed indeed.

crosstrainer 08:49 26 Apr 2008

As thr FE posted, one of my all time radio 4 must listen programmes. A very talented man, and a superb jazz trumpter too.

Gray Goo 10:23 26 Apr 2008

The Master of mispunctuation, a great loss. And Mrs Trellis won't have anyone to write to now.

mikef. 10:30 26 Apr 2008

Very sad he was I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue

€dstowe 10:56 26 Apr 2008

What are Samantha and Sven going to do now?

Pineman100 11:03 26 Apr 2008

Sad, sad, sad news.

Humph was every bit as much part of our heritage as, say, St Pancras. He's been around forever, and should have been listed Grade 1. I for one will miss him hugely - both his jazz programme on Radio 2 and particularly on "I'm Sorry I haven't A Clue".

Nobody else could have got away with the incredible double-entendres that he managed. He even put the Carry On films in the shade!

Contrary to rumour, he was not the same Humphrey Littleton who was involved in the Gunpowder Plot. He was born a few years after that event.

click here

Forum Editor 13:04 26 Apr 2008

"Samantha accompanied me down to the Gramaphone library earlier where she quickly uncovered the greatest hits ever, and what a treat for an old man they were."

"As ever, Samantha spent a few hours browsing among the shelves in the singles archive this week, and as a result of a rewarding poke in the country section, she was thrilled to discover a mint condition 7 inch Boxcar Willie."

"The lovely Samantha takes up her position again, ready to score".

Brilliant, just brilliant.

john bunyan 13:26 26 Apr 2008

"Samantha took up beekeeping and had only a small hive. She would often take out her 32 bees and fling them around the room." Etc Etc.

pj123 13:34 26 Apr 2008

Yes, a great loss and, crosstrainer, he was a great clarinet player as well.

I played clarinet in a jazzband in the 70s but Humph was way too good for me to know personally.

I only knew him as part of the jazz fraternity.

Watch and hear him on clarinet here:

click here

Newuser38 13:57 26 Apr 2008

pj123

Humph was playing the trumpet, clarinet was someone else. Buts as everyone says a sad loss.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?