That HP Scrolling page.

namtas 19:00 22 Dec 2007

I do hope that the HP scrolling advert is a Christmas limited edition copy only - I sincerely hope that it is not encouraged for the future - if it is, methinks PCA may be pushing the level of members acceptability a step to far with this one. As the FE (maybe reluctantly) acknowledged even he finds it a tad irritable. I find it plain annoying.

Bingalau 19:03 22 Dec 2007

Yes it is a bit of a nuisance.

pj123 19:17 22 Dec 2007

I've never seen an HP Scrolling page ad so I can't comment?

rdave13 19:24 22 Dec 2007

Same as pj123, no scrolling advert.

Spark6 20:13 22 Dec 2007

You don't know how lucky (or clever!) you are. It is by far the worse yet.

rdave13 20:21 22 Dec 2007

I'm using IE7 at the moment and nothing. Same on Opera and AOL's browser. Don't use Firefox.

QuizMan 20:29 22 Dec 2007

Sadly, Firefox doesn't block it even with pop-up blocker switched on - well, it doesn't on my PC. I wouldn't mind so much if the scrolling down (and up) was quick, but it's infuriatingly slow.

Bingalau 20:57 22 Dec 2007

I'm wondering if it only scrolls into view if you move your mouse pointer over certain spots?

anskyber 21:05 22 Dec 2007

No it does not.

I have always been very supportive of adverts on here, but I am coming close to installing ad blockers.

I am Spartacus 21:08 22 Dec 2007

I adblock every image on this site and started doing so after the ‘3’ and underlined green adverts started some years ago.

Yes, I know it’s good to click for the advertising to pay for the running costs and I used to occasionally click on them and bought an external hard drive from one of the links.

However if you want to alienate your ‘customers’ then you’re going the best way about it. If you guarantee to stop the intrusive ads then I’ll promise to switch off adblocking, until then it stays switched on.

rdave13 21:41 22 Dec 2007

I wonder if it's an ISP thing? I don't use anything like adblocker and don't get this annoying advert. Use the usual browser's pop-up blocker and nothing else. ISP is AOL.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?