How would you classify this forum?

TalYasis 22:07 20 May 2007

Similar to newspapers or radio and tv news how would you classify the regular views offered into this forum.
Left,right,or centre,young or old,boring or exciting and fun,happy or disfunctional family,one voice or splinter groups,free speech or muzzled.
A damned good time filler or none of the above?

Jim Thing 22:11 20 May 2007

Lively, always interesting, mostly well-mannered. And addictive.

WhiteTruckMan 22:13 20 May 2007

aLL OF THE ABOVE, AND MORE BESIDES.

wtm

WhiteTruckMan 22:14 20 May 2007

goes to the first person to figure out what I just did wrong :-)

WTM

Totally-braindead 22:22 20 May 2007

The views expressed in this Forum in my opinion are a complete mix, left wing, right wing, middle of the road, male, female, sane, insane, stupid, clever, too clever for their own good etc etc.
Its a mix, we have everything. You name it theres probably a person on the Forum who would support it and another who would be against it.

And thats one of the reasons I like it.

TopCat® 22:29 20 May 2007

Caught the Caps Lock key by mistake. TC.

namtas 22:29 20 May 2007

WhiteTruckMan, Give us a clue?

Forum Editor 22:34 20 May 2007

we probably have online a reasonably representative sample of............people who are online and of a mind to use a web forum.

I couldn't say that we're representative of the population of the UK, because we're in a minority - we were interested in computers enough to come here in the first place. In fact we're not limited to the UK, we have registered members from all over the world, and a great many more people visit us who are not registered. They just visit and move on.

Totally-braindead 22:36 20 May 2007

Wonder if we're all classified as computer geeks?

If so I've been called worse - frequently.

p;3 22:39 20 May 2007

you left/hit the CAPS lock on; and as you have already called yourself a 'pillock' I will refrain from so doing::))ones sigianture was also in small instead of BIG so you DID leave the caps lock on ; and I deliberately used caps TOO::))

and what other clasifications are avaible to rate this forum please?

WhiteTruckMan 22:43 20 May 2007

The word trucker isnt exactly a term of endearment either..

But if I had to sum up the forum in one word it would be diverse. I've helped some people and in return I've had help myself. Its both amazing and at the same time humbling to realise the amount of knowledge, skill and talent that is floating round the membership at any one time.

WTM

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?