How would modern Technology improve the Psion?

wee eddie 09:48 25 Jan 2009

Would it sweep the market.

It's form seemed, to me, to be totally Jacket Friendly. So we're probably talking about the gubbins inside!

Forum Editor 09:52 25 Jan 2009

is a colour screen, wireless technology, a web browser and email client, a faster processor, far more memory, a USB port and a card slot.

All of which could easily be fitted into the existing case. If the build quality remained high a re-vamped Psion would fly off the shelves, and I would be at the head of the queue.

Chegs ®™ 11:49 25 Jan 2009

click here

I hadn't a clue just what a Psion actually was so looked it up,but the story is pages long so I'll post my opinion after I've read it. :)

Quickbeam 12:01 25 Jan 2009

was my first computer. I used it as a data base for my CD collection. Then I discovered how useful a spreadsheet was to make repetitive calculations, at the time I was still in the baking industry and used it to easily calculate specific recipe quantities.

Forum Editor 12:33 25 Jan 2009

My Psion 5MX was my all-time favourite mobile device. Unfortunately it didn't keep pace with technological developments in terms of Internet access, but when it came to build quality, keyboard size, and sheer useability there was nothing to touch it - there still isn't, in fact.

Mine has been passed to a family friend who is writing a book on it. He takes it everywhere, and says it is an absolute delight to use.

laurie53 20:04 25 Jan 2009

3A, 3C and two 3MXs.

Colour screen, better battery, better storage.

The 3 Series did, of course already have a card slot (2).

It would simply be a matter of changing the physical size

interzone55 20:09 25 Jan 2009

It looks like the new Sony Vaio P may be just what we're looking for, shame it will be far, far too expensive...

click here

Joe R 20:39 25 Jan 2009

alan14,

the Sony looks the business, but, as you state, starting at £850plus, it may struggle for big sales.

wee eddie 01:09 26 Jan 2009

was that it set out to be nothing other than a Business Tool for the Exec on the move.

We have grown so accustomed to expecting to be able to faff about on our Laptop that we have forgotten why we bought them in the first place.

That, of course, is is ignoring the Desktop Replacement Market.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?