How to win friends and influence people

peter99co 20:59 17 Mar 2011

click here

The US, UK and France are proposing a UN Security Council resolution backing action short of an invasion.

If the resolution is passed, air attacks on Col Gaddafi's forces by the British and French air forces could begin within hours. It is not thought that the US would be involved in the first strikes, but the British and French are likely to get logistical backup from Arab allies.

lucky1 21:29 17 Mar 2011

Result of vote will be around 10 pm tonight our time apparently.

Al94 21:30 17 Mar 2011

It won't happen - Obama is too weak and indecisive to support it, also the world is too weak and divided to come to a consensus.

peter99co 21:42 17 Mar 2011

By the time they decide it will be to late anyway.

OTT_B 21:43 17 Mar 2011

Why do you think Obama won't support it? Apart from anything, it's not entirely his choice.

I think it will be passed, although how much actually gets done is a different matter.

Al94 21:50 17 Mar 2011

Actually I misread this, didn't realise US was apparently jointly proposing - I still think too little too late and that actually very little will happen.

Forum Editor 22:40 17 Mar 2011

The UN security council has - as expected - voted to adopt the resolution to impose a no-fly zone, and to take measures to protect the citizens of Libya.

WHTDSOB 23:23 17 Mar 2011

but when a government is getting unpopular, they start a war.

Kevscar1 06:45 18 Mar 2011

WOW you mean Gadaffi's unpopular. Who'd have guessed it.

morddwyd 08:31 18 Mar 2011

"to take measures to protect the citizens of Libya"

What about the citizens of Bahrain and Zimbabwe?

peter99co 11:47 18 Mar 2011

Has Magabe started using aircraft to bomb his people?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?