How to waste money

wiz-king 08:28 22 Sep 2011
Answered

LINK - how to waste the money of load of businesses and council tax payers; to say nothing of one of our sunny contributers.

Aitchbee 08:35 22 Sep 2011

wiz-king - the best way to lose money is to cut out the pockets of your trousers - sorry for going off-thread, a tad.

wiz-king 08:46 22 Sep 2011

AitchBEE That why I have a leather coin purse on my belt and a carabiner for my keys --- only the folding stuff goes in pockets so as not to wear holes in my pockets.

Aitchbee 11:19 22 Sep 2011

wiz-king - ...and influence people...was notably missed out of your topic title ;0]

tullie 11:22 22 Sep 2011

Does anyone else think its a bit odd for a man to have a purse?

Aitchbee 11:25 22 Sep 2011

My lips get pursed quite often and I am a man.

HondaMan 11:37 22 Sep 2011

Does anyone else think its a bit odd for a man to have a purse?

Not at all. With trousers being ever more tailored to fit it makes sense to have an external method of carrying things. I used to know a chap who carried what was effectively a male handbag, but it looked like an A5 filofax. He kept a great variety of things in it, mobile phione, personal filofax, loose change etc. People used to take the mickey, but he vever foound himself without anything. Although is was carried in the hand, it was attached to his belt by a very thin and flexible wire so that if he put it down, say to wash his hands, he could not forget it!

spuds 13:30 22 Sep 2011

Wasting money on consultations, no never, because someone will justify it?.

You only need to have a look at some of the name changes over the past few years, when you understood what the original name meant, and the new name as no connection to the companies services. Didn't Royal Mail once had a fancy title that nobody understood, and after great expense, the name was discontinued.

Going on the subject of purses. I use my handkerchief for any loose change, having lost money in the past when lying down or climbing under/over things. Always apologise to the person receiving funds from the handkerchief, that I haven't recently blown my nose in it. Regarding a carabiner for keys, I find a key chain a better device, but depending on the number of key, a hole might still appear in the pocket at a very later stage?.

Quickbeam 13:44 22 Sep 2011

Pockets are very much a bloke thing, I couldn't manage without the invention of pockets. Even when I go up on the hills, what I can't fit into a pocket doesn't go.

As for wasting money, I've got over a half centuries experience of doing that!

Aitchbee 13:51 22 Sep 2011

QB - I found £40 quid on the pavement, couple of weeks ago, might have been yours...if it was, Cheers mate :o)

morddwyd 13:54 22 Sep 2011

My dear departed mother always used to say that there were two types of men she would never trust - men with widely flared nostrils and men who used purses.

I never saw a connection and never did ask why!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017