How To Stop Your Boss Spying On You.

Aitchbee 17:01 29 Mar 2011

I don't know what the answer is.My freind who is a road sweeper had to go to the toilet.He was bursting for a pee.He wen't in to a bookmakers shop to go to the toilet. His boss was waiting outside and gave hime a verbal warning.
There were no facilities for him to go to the toilet.

Aitchbee 17:18 29 Mar 2011

Thanks Forum Editor.
You have hit the nail on the head.

interzone55 17:22 29 Mar 2011

I wouldn't want to work for the kind of boss who is paranoid enough to spy on their staff, it shows a distinct lack of trust, and that quickly becomes a two-way street.

I once worked for a large computer manufacturer. Every time they left the building the warehouse and manufacturing staff had to file through security where their bags where searched and a metal detector wand was wafted over them (garnering funny looks when passed over people with piercings in personal areas).
All this did was breed an atmosphere of dissent and led to some very ingenious ways to relieve the company of vast amounts of kit.

I was management so was never searched, even though I worked within the factory area. This used to annoy me for some reason, so I used to very deliberately hold my bag open as I walked past security...

spuds 17:27 29 Mar 2011

And your point is, that your friend was caught coming out of a bookmakers in working hours?.

No caf├ęs, 'normal' business premises or similar establishments nearby, excluding the local pub or sauna house?.

Aitchbee 18:10 29 Mar 2011

he was in council working gear.
this may be frowned upon in certain establishments.

Forum Editor 18:28 29 Mar 2011

Thanks Forum Editor.
You have hit the nail on the head."

I'm totally mystified - which website, which nail, and thanks for what?

birdface 18:32 29 Mar 2011

If I was him I would go back into the bookmakers and see what odds they will give him for that to happen again.

oresome 18:57 29 Mar 2011

Was the betting shop on your friends route?

If so I suggest that inconsiderate punters were discarding betting slips on the road outside and your friend was having a word with the shop manager to address the situation.

Outcome is that the manager will provide a litter bin and your mate will get a mention in the next council in-house magazine for going beyond the call of duty.

I'll make a union rep yet!

Aitchbee 20:47 29 Mar 2011

It's on your(this) website.Second top story on home page.
i did a cut & paste.

Aitchbee 20:55 29 Mar 2011

Do you want me to elaborate on 'hit the nail on the head'?
I will if you want me to.

Aitchbee 21:11 29 Mar 2011

both good suggestions: they made me smile.
I will pass them on to my road-sweeping friend.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?