How Spaniards like to spend their holidays.

Barnacarry 11:05 19 Jan 2010

I'm quite happy relaxing on the beach, slurping a cold beer or walking on the prom with a double whippy and flake but this.....click here

rdave13 11:11 19 Jan 2010

Madness..
You'd spill your beer.

Grey Goo 11:39 19 Jan 2010

We just have the Met. riot cops to practise on.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:09 19 Jan 2010

Been there, done that, luckily I found I could run faster than the bull.

Not an experience I wish to repeat.

:0)

Colin 19:20 19 Jan 2010

Pathetic. How is this still allowed in an EU country, never mind anywhere else?

octal 20:19 19 Jan 2010

It's barbaric, how any so called civilised country can allow this is discussing, and those taking part deserve all they get and good riddance as far as I'm concerned.

jimv7 22:04 19 Jan 2010

I'd sharpen the horns first.

DieSse 22:30 19 Jan 2010

Well known graffiti on a large billboard near the autovia in the northern Costa Blanca. Not all Spanish are pro bull sports.

"If bullfighting is a sport, cannibalism is gastronomy" (translation).

And yet in some ways they're much more civilised (and civil) than many in the UK. Drinking out for instance - and the importance of families.

Brumas 23:08 19 Jan 2010

I do agree, bull fighting is most definitely barbaric and bull running is just a pathetic mob 'sport', but I must admit it made me chuckle.
I think it was the sound effects when the demented bull settled a few scores as it 'helped' a few of its tormentors up and over the walls that raised the most laughs :o)

zzzz999 06:02 21 Jan 2010

I know the bulls come to a gory end, but they do seem to be enjoying themselves in that vid

Quickbeam 07:54 21 Jan 2010

"It's barbaric, how any so called civilised country can allow this is discussing..."

I can assure you that fox hunting, badger baiting, hare coursing and a few other activities that are illegal in Britain still occur quite regularly.

There's a lot of cruel people about.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Aardman's new YouTube channel to share the work of independent animators

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017