How to renew passport online

ponytail 06:16 13 May 2015
Answered

I have just realised my passport runs out in June and I need it in September.I would like to renew it on line and filled in the form as far as the payment section,Two questions do I print the form and post it if not how do I give them the two photos they require.

Pine Man 08:23 13 May 2015

click here the first four lines - again!

Read

Pine Man 08:24 13 May 2015

Should be 'Read the first four lines - again!

ponytail 08:37 13 May 2015

Hi Pine Man,Apologies I spotted that after I sent my post probably half asleep.Have now filled in the form and printed it off.Just need a couple of photos.Seems very expensive just for a renewal could understand if it was a first passport.But will probably be my last one

Pine Man 08:56 13 May 2015

Have a nice holiday.

rickf 11:46 13 May 2015

This means that you still have to send in the documents and photos by post? What then is the point of doing this online as opposed to sending in the form and docs by post in the first instance.

Pine Man 13:27 13 May 2015
Answer

The only difference is that you can now pay online with the myriad of benefits that this provides ??????

bumpkin 14:01 13 May 2015

rickf, as Pine Man says plus you do not have to go and get the documents or wait for them to be posted to you. I agree with ponytail regarding it being expensive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?