How to / not to / clean your car...

realist 15:57 12 Aug 2007
  WhiteTruckMan 16:05 12 Aug 2007

anti-dazzle coating that has been painstakingly applied to my bodywork in a cunningly random manner over the course of the last few years, and I have no intention of ruining it by washing it off.

WTM

jimv7 16:11 12 Aug 2007

I use the natural method, park outside, what the rain washes off stays off.

Stuartli 16:39 12 Aug 2007

I also use a natural method - just before it rains I wash the car down with a car clean product containing no wax (otherwise you get windscreen smearing).

The rain does the rest and also leaves a smear-free finish, a boon as we are in a hard water area.

FungusBoggieman 17:00 12 Aug 2007

once a month for me
I find that if i remove wax first buy using the chemicals in the jet wash at work that cleans me wagon is best
then a quick wash ang go
and a new caoting of wax shines like new

namtas 17:07 12 Aug 2007

For the very same reason I would never ever let my car near a mechnical rotary brush wash.

Bingalau 17:30 12 Aug 2007

How about these hand held pressure washers? I suppose they take the wax finish off too?

Whitehart 18:09 12 Aug 2007

No domestic pressure washer will clean a car properly unless you use an attatchment like this click here to remove the dirt and grime.

I prefer the Kew brand washers, I have one I bought in 1986 and it's still going strong, just had to replace a hose because the mice ate it.:o)

TopCat® 18:13 12 Aug 2007

One has to be very careful using pressure washers and not something I would really recommend. Too close and the Karcher types will scat the paint off in no time! The car valeting machine types are, of course, much more gentle and designed for purpose. TC.

dukeboxhero 18:13 12 Aug 2007

does the mitt come in small sizes for my wife ?

amonra 18:40 12 Aug 2007

Didn't know you had to wash them !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

5 best 3D model websites

iPhone 8 vs iPhone X

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache